Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger on the Sanchez deal.

"I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem. I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

"United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay."

I was just about to post the same quote, the man is up his own arse.

Actually I don't think united have played this badly, yes they are paying totally over the top for Sanchez but it makes a statement that they are able to pay more than anyone else even for a player so highly converted by one of their main rivals, who up until this transfer window was seen to be able to go toe to toe with them.

As for what does that do to Pogba and co it sends the message that untied are the ONLY team in England that can pay "the market rate" To me it seems they have created as many problems for us, simply by paying this much as themselves.

People seem to want to see salary and transfer fees in isolation, but that just isn't the case. If you want a graphic example look at the way the British record fee exploded in the 1979 the year started with Kevin Keegan's fee of £500,000 to Hamburg being a British Record and ended the year with Wolves(of all people!)paying Aston Villa £1,469,000 (largely on the money we had given them for Steve Daley! but that's another story!).
You make a good point re the impact it has on the transfer market.

I don't think it's a good footballing buy though. He's 29. And even now he would not get in our first XI let alone in a years time. The cost of this deal means that they don't get a 2nd chance. They can't correct the mistake in the next window, they have to swallow it for years to come.

I think it makes more sense from a footballing point of view for Utd than it does City. Sanchez is playing deeper and deeper. Utd lack midfielders. Sanchez could play there. sanchez will add quality to Utd's midfield which is poor, but it's still not an ideal move.

Last edited:

"I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem. I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

"United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay."

Its not the sort of thing I would want to hear if I was an Arsenal fan. Wasn't moving to the Emirates supposed to help them compete and spend with the biggest clubs in the world?

Ah, dear old Arsene - I shall miss him when he goes, still obsessed with our 2010 accounts. He probably thinks Carillion is a well managed company too.

You can feel the hurt all the way from London....what a funny old man he is. At least he has the backing of the arsenal fans to fall back on for support this season

Anyone got the photo of the rags 'we play for trophies not money' or something like that as that should be plastered everywhere!!
You cannot blame Sanchez United are fucking mental...
500 grand a week for when he is 34
i06pgRs.jpg

Knew he hated us more than United.

Utd have done really well out this. They have signed a proven 20+ goals a season player and swapped him basically for a player they have no use for. Yes there are the wages but it’s a monthly salary and the agent fee but who cares he’s a quality quality player

If fergie left the club in a mess what the hell is maureen going to leave behind. His contract extension is his way of getting more money on transfers nothing more and he will never see out his term.

They may get short term success with Sanchez but they need more than him plus all teams in top 6 are rapidly going to invest especially us with youth. I can see them going for bale and Ronaldo in the summer.

Utd will have serious issues within 3 years just when our youngsters are coming into their prime. Pep is so vital to city and he’s the the one I would throw the cash at to stay.

I see the whole football outlook changing as this money can not be maintained.

Good times to be a blue but of course only whilst the oil is still around.

CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.