Newcastle (Home) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three points any which way. The transfers bollocks and our first loss might have soften the pressure on our players hopefully.

Really looking forward to this, you often see how good a side is by the way they recover from a defeat. Apparently the players have had a few days off this week so I'm expecting them to be bang at it.

Obviously the result is the most important thing but I think we need a strong performance to shut a few people up and settle down a few others. I hope everyone turns up to get behind the team

Essential we get an early goal or this game will turn into a training session "attack v defence" , many pundits now have "a way to beat City" but Rafa simply does not have the personnel to play on the front foot against this City team. Don't care how many we win by , but a clean sheet and a solid no nonsense performance from our defence will allay any doubts. Although now the Rags have cut our lead to "just" 12 points , its worrying times :)

I don't think this is a team that will implode a la NUFC under Keegan, yes they had a mad 10 mins at Anfield, but they recomposed and pulled themselves back into the game.
There will be no other team this season who will be able to attack us with such ferocity, Pep will make sure normal service is resumed against Newcastle.

Burnley are a good team mate, 1-0 would be a good result for you.
I don't really rate Burnley. Can't score and allow so many shots that they depend almost entirely on Tarkowski, Mee and Pope/Heaton to defend. I don't think they're as good a team as someone like Leicester.

There will be no other team this season who will be able to attack us with such ferocity, Pep will make sure normal service is resumed against Newcastle.
Agreed, we've got our toughest game out of the way. The players will be desperate to show their mental toughness by responding with an emphatic victory. I understand why a lot of fans are being cautious in their score predictions but I think we are going to absolutely demolish them.

If they score first, it will be a long day at the office!!!
Put these cnuts to the sword, the break from the schedule must have done the team good. The tempo of games was destroying our rhythm.
3-0 City. Would love to see Diaz get a run out against this lot. He’s more than capable.

Will be good to get back to football. Energy will be high, I expect a full on performance and though I never feel comfortable predicting this, I do think a big score is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.