Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is ridiculous the monies being talked about regarding this transfer,of course,but the whole game from top to bottom is money orientated,they are all greedy bastards,even though they try to hide behind the agents,we have had them,and no doubt will again,but seriously,who gives a shit about wages etc etc,when your team is winning games and you have been there to witness it,you don't walk off back to car and think yea but he's on X amount a week,it means fuck all to us,the fans,we have players who are probably on a lot more money than they should be,but again,who am I to give 2 fucks about that,as long as they keep winning,that will do for me
Yes, but RVP's game came to a grinding halt, and was predictable. Looked at in pure footballing terms, Sanchez will do what any world class forward does. Slow up and start playing deep. We don't need that. Maybe Utd will find room for that, but as a club looking to win titles and to compete for the Champions League, I want to see players at their prime at our football club. Every City fan still loves Yaya but it makes me sad watching him play. Sanchez is following Yaya's path now. That's what I think. I could be wrong, and you could be right and hence the interest in football. We'll see how it works out.

Wenger on the Sanchez deal.

"I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem. I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

"United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay."

Sounds to me like the old cünt was just determined not to let us have him. His sycophantic attitude to those rag bastards is sickening to the point of being corrupt. Cosy fucking cartel for sure.

This is another reason I wish we would just fucking outspend everyone.

Just for comparison. As far as I can find Messi earns at least 50 million Euro's yearly netto with his new contract, Neymar takes 30 million home and Ronaldo apparently 21 (which is why he feels unfairly treated at the moment). The Alexis money is breathtaking, but still considerably smaller than the global mega stars. I think that if City really wants to compete against the likes of Barca and Real (and PSG) we eventually must to go to the same level money wise. We will not be able to get the top-top players otherwise, and it will also be a problem to keep hold of our very best players. Normally players will go where they can make the most money.
Most of the great Barca side could have made more money at the top Italian clubs, Real or any if the top 4-5 in the PL.

Money is a great motivator, but if it were the absolute be all & end all, Kaka would have crawled across broken glass to get to The Etihad.

Clichy famously did an interview when at Arsenal about the abhorrence of the money we were spending. Two seasons later he was here, & only from the inside could he see that we had a determination to reach the summit of European football, & were using a period of accelerated investment to get us there.

As it now stands, the 'Free spending City who are ruining football with their oil money', stand only 4th on the list of English record buys, which would have been 5th if Arsenal had got Lamar.

Yes we've spent bucket loads, but it is now becoming clearly apparent that there was a coherent plan all along. I'm fuckin gutted we're not getting Sanchez & he will now strengthen a rival, but I hope we quickly overcome this set back & push on again in the summer with fresh targets.

The difference between Sanchez to us & to ManUre is for us he is the garnish & further strength in depth. To them, he seems like a two fold purchase. 1. It stops him from coming to us. 2. It stops him from coming to us.

Yes he will strengthen ManUre, but I said a week ago when it was becoming obvious their interest was a real threat to our bid, that this purchase seems more about Moureen trying to psychologically effect us, because all else has failed so far.

What happens if Sanchez doesn't improve their fortunes much? What then?

Moureen will continue to blame Woodward for not giving him more money. He'll claim City are only ahead of him because we've spent more than ManUre. He'll continue having a go at Conte in the hope Conte's anger with him, will distract him from the PL title chase.

And he'll continue to have a roundabout pop at Pep claiming his success is only down to oil money. His diversionary tactics worked of sorts last weekend with us losing & Chelsea drawing. My hope now is that with the chase for Sanchez being over, & after our first PL defeat, this will now concentrate our minds to redouble our efforts & fuck the bastards on the pitch where it counts.

Wenger on the Sanchez deal.

"I wouldn’t like to come out on the numbers, that’s a United problem. I respect United because they generate the money they pay by their own resources.

"United is a club very well managed financially and of course on the pitch so that’s why I don’t have any problem with the money they pay."
Said the man who waltzed into Arsenal not long after they’d had a huge cash injection via Danny Fiszman and bought a squad that won the title.

Sounds to me like the old cünt was just determined not to let us have him. His sycophantic attitude to those rag bastards is sickening to the point of being corrupt. Cosy fucking cartel for sure.

This is another reason I wish we would just fucking outspend everyone.

Thing is I feel arsene blames city for destroying the traditional big 4 and now with them already missing out on top 4 and will continue to do so under him for more years - he is just a bitter man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.