The unpopular objective thread

- A lot of our support are sleepwalking into being arrogant entitled gobs, a la United fans 10 yrs ago
- I find a lot of Utd fans have more perspective nowadays, after a few years of being pretty average
- The atmosphere at the Etihad is predominantly garbage.
- We're really not as well supported as many think.
- Martial is a great footballer
- City have contributed, in one way or another, to wage and transfer fee hyperinflation

There was some dire tripe on my timeline from Blues (often retweeted) after we lost to Liverpool. It reminded me of United on in the pub circa 2000s.

I can't see us ever winning the champions league because we have never felt like a club that belongs in that competition
Winning the league means more to me and always will
I think all of the players we currently have are genuinely good people and it makes me happy to know the club is stable for the long term
There is a media agenda for anyone, and fans all clubs, willing to look for it. It doesn't make it real

There was some dire tripe on my timeline from Blues (often retweeted) after we lost to Liverpool. It reminded me of United on in the pub circa 2000s.

Agreed.

Having to mute quite a few blues on twitter recently. It's partly people on social media generally but too many City fans online seem borderline unstable!
That plus too many retweet and reply to shit about empty seats, Sanchez wages etc etc.

I can't see us ever winning the champions league because we have never felt like a club that belongs in that competition
Winning the league means more to me and always will

Your points show why the club/fans don't feel like we belong there. Alot of City fans think the same, they'd prefer winning the title over the champions league. Once the fans start actually believing we are good enough and want to win the champions league then it would actually push our club forward. We've won the title and never won the champions league why wouldn't we want it? It would show us as the best team in Europe! Its huge. Alot bigger than winning the league

Alot of our fans are scared to celebrate and enjoy us being good. They would prefer it if we didn't win leagues and be by far the best team in the league.
The fans need an arrogance/confidence about them, just to help the players, it would improve our atmosphere. Look back at when Liverpool won the league. The fans welcomed the players in, actually sang about winning the league it drove them on! We sit at home games and are too afraid to think we might actually win it incase it upsets someone or we might 'jinx' it

To many city fans im my opinion always look back at the old times incase things go wrong just to say, well we used to be in Division 2! So what? We are now fighting to win things, lets move forward! We want success lets believe we can do it!

1894 group have actually ruined our match day atmosphere it has always been pretty poor but they have made it alot worse and i think alot of our fans don't like joining in with them as they don't sing any songs about the club. I think they don't actually know many actual city songs. Why do they always sing about Edin Dzeko?

1894 group have actually ruined our match day atmosphere it has always been pretty poor but they have made it alot worse and i think alot of our fans don't like joining in with them as they don't sing any songs about the club. I think they don't actually know many actual city songs. Why do they always sing about Edin Dzeko?

Hope you have a tin hat for this one :-)

Your points show why the club/fans don't feel like we belong there. Alot of City fans think the same, they'd prefer winning the title over the champions league. Once the fans start actually believing we are good enough and want to win the champions league then it would actually push our club forward. We've won the title and never won the champions league why wouldn't we want it? It would show us as the best team in Europe! Its huge. Alot bigger than winning the league

Alot of our fans are scared to celebrate and enjoy us being good. They would prefer it if we didn't win leagues and be by far the best team in the league.
The fans need an arrogance/confidence about them, just to help the players, it would improve our atmosphere. Look back at when Liverpool won the league. The fans welcomed the players in, actually sang about winning the league it drove them on! We sit at home games and are too afraid to think we might actually win it incase it upsets someone or we might 'jinx' it

To many city fans im my opinion always look back at the old times incase things go wrong just to say, well we used to be in Division 2! So what? We are now fighting to win things, lets move forward! We want success lets believe we can do it!

I don't know much about 1894 so will leave that bit. I take my seat in the CB level 1 and watch over Pep's golden head.

I definitely agree that it is an attitude thing but I don't know how that can be changed for thousands of fans (6/7 years of involvement is still short considering our lack of success in it). Also, being pessimistic has defined our fan base for decades. Whenever I watch with my Dad (late 50s) he's much quicker to moan/expect the worse/claim "typical city" than me (25) because he has it ingrained in him from experience. Our fan base is older than most and this attitude is proving harder to shift than the management expected I think.

Part of it (probably wrongly) for me also comes from the negative side of losing (but to who). The fact that if we lost to Basel in the next round I'd be pissed but I'd get over it quicker than I would the loss to Liverpool as they're the fans I see day to day. If Barca win the champions league I won't care that we didn't as much as if United won the league.
Winning the league directly stops United or Chelsea or Liverpool or Tottenham winning it. There is no other option I'd be content with. Hence that is why that one is more important to me.

I was appalled, ashamed and embarrassed at the abuse Peter Swales received, and fear it may have contributed to his early death. No human being should have to go through that, it was vicious and evil.

Last edited:
  • Raheem Sterling is and probably always will be our most underrated player.
  • Yaya Toure is quite a few notches ahead of David Silva. As is Agüero.
  • United are building a fantastic team.
  • Considering the amount we’ve spent since 08, what we have to show for it is embarrassing.
  • Some of our foreign fans are far more supportive of the club than a lot of local and match going fans.
  • Kompany isn’t even better than Stones, let alone Otamendi these days.

Kompany is finished and doesn't even fit well into the team.
Aguero is still a top finisher but he is way too inconsistent now and should also be replaced.
Pep's reluctance to play youth at any time other than matches he doesn't care about is troubling (although i'm not complaining about our results this season!)
I wish we had kept Kolarov, and if we had he would have played a part this season.
Sterling is better than Jesus and Sane but will never get the credit he deserves, even when he's in the form of his life right now.
Ederson isn't as good as our fans think he is (yet).
Our fans are the worst pound-for-pound in the country when it comes to atmosphere and entitlement (yes, worse than the rags)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.