The unpopular objective thread

Raheem Sterling will never be a footballer
Carlos Tevez is the best cenre forward weve ever had
Nigel De Jong was crap and would get nowhere near this team today
Joe Hart should have been sold years ago
Leroy Sane is the most talented young player in the world and will win the balon d'or one day
We got rid of Mancini at the right time, Pellegrini was woeful though
Weve got a major problem with points whores regarding away tickets
Our home atmosphere isnt that bad
I preferred it when we were shit
Lukaku is a realy good signing for them lot
Id have Martial, Mata and Rashford playing for us
De Gea isnt 1 of the best 3 keepers in the league (Lloris, Courtois and Ederson are all better than him)
Giroud is fantastic, Lacazette is not
Id actually quite like Jonny Evans to sign for us
David Luiz is a great centre half
pretty incredible that we're doing so well when our top scorer isn't and will never be what he actually excels at being...

Despite all the wins and all the goals i don't think, individually, we are that good up front. I just think we are extremely well coached by the best coach in the world and they are being provided with space, time and fantastic opportunities by the best midfield in the world with Silva, de Bruyne and Fernandinho behind them.
Sané, Sterling and Jesus have a lot of deficiencies in their game. Yes they are all young and have a lot of time to improve - but they need to for me because we will not have David Silva for that many more years and we will be a completely different team without him (like we were when Yaya's best years were behind him, it took us three years to get used to not having his brilliance in midfield). Sané looks like he'll be the best of the three to me but i'm still very unsure about Sterling despite the goals, i just think he's been so well coached and provided with good balls from midfield that he's just been in good spaces at the right times rather than him being this great player some are saying he's becoming. Jesus has a hell of a lot to learn for me. And Kun looks like he's lost his spark.
Just something i personally feel about our attack. I know MANY will disagree with that.

Also I think our atmosphere home AND AWAY is dreadful! We're quiet and our songs are shit! I'm really disappointed in our support and I think our fanbase has fallen off a cliff in terms of the noise we make and our songs. I used to be proud of our support. We never had this mythical fantastic atmosphere at home that some think we did but we had proper numbers in the spread of ages, with a huge following of 20-40 year olds, and our away atmosphere was IMO as good as anyone's. But now our 20-40 year olds must be the lowest in numbers anywhere and our atmosphere has gone! Things like fans not turning up to home games, where the fuck are they? And our away support...what's happened to it? Look around and the average age must be the highest in the league and the atmosphere has just withered away. There's no spark in our fanbase anymore. I think the same old faces go to every game and some just go because they think they have to or it's just a habit and they don't have that fire in their bellies to make a racket anymore. Also now we have fewer tickets in away ends because of corporates we've lost the ones who'd go to 5-10 away games a season (due to finances or work), who are more up for it because they don't get to go every week, can barely go at all anymore and they've been replaced with people who sometimes aren't even City fans in the corporate lot. Sometimes they are fans of the home team, IN OUR AWAY END! I fucking despise that kind of shit! And even our last two trips to Wembley, Liverpool LC final and Arsenal FAC semi, have been dead in our end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.