Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez and his agent will be quids in by going to the rags but you can bet Raiola will be knocking on Woodwards door with a hand full of new contracts before the inks dry. Always been something fishy about him being Pegs agent and him signing his players. Will cost the rags a fortune if this goes through.

Said the man who waltzed into Arsenal not long after they’d had a huge cash injection via Danny Fiszman and bought a squad that won the title.

Not only that, he managed Monaco for 7 years and they regularly spent beyond their means.

Besides that, it's not a particularly wise thing for Wenger to say when you consider how closely linked Arsenal's main sponsor is to our owner and his family.

You understand the club's views, but you are going to add a bit about how they should have paid Arsenal earlier & pushed more for the deal early in the window. Yet you have no idea what happened & one of the agents involved has said this deal was being created before the window opened.

But if we had 'pushed' somehow it would all have changed .

If someone can come up with one shred of evidence to say that's the case, I'll just accept it.

There must be 50 people at least who have criticised our club for not fighting hard enough, in this thread, without one iota of evidence, they have done the slightest thing wrong.

What's right, what's wrong? What are the rules in this case? Indeed, as you point out, what are the exact facts? We don't know the detail. We do know Arsenal mucked up in August (at least by general consensus) and that did City no favours. We have to wonder if City could have sealed a deal in the summer by offering Arsenal some more money and, as we have discussed, we don't know what impact Sanchez would have had if he had come to us then; we do know we have so far managed without him.

Going forward, we don't know what the outcome of him going elsewhere is going to be, and that may be unquantifiable, but the likelihood is he will benefit our nearest rivals, possibly significantly. Both clubs though can afford to buy someone else of high quality. However, yet again, we have missed out on a big name and "let" him go to a rival. For now, I have to chalk that up as a fail even though we appear to have done things as we have for good / noble reasons.

Ultimately, the fact that our club is building a way of doings things on and off the pitch as part of a clear strategy will hopefully pay lasting dividends and The Rags apparent let's throw money at the problem, without much of a coherent plan (?), will see them slowly slide back. Thing is, I have been supporting the Blues for almost exactly 50 years so I'd like more success now.

When we bought the very top players we never queried the fees involved. It wasnt our money and we thrilled to get the player. as the song re Aguero and Phil Jones suggested and might rebound if JFE arrives. I think Sanchez was very much needed and even for short term gain

When we bought the very top players we never queried the fees involved. It wasnt our money and we thrilled to get the player. as the song re Aguero and Phil Jones suggested and might rebound if JFE arrives. I think Sanchez was very much needed and even for short term gain
... even if it risks team morale? Team morale that has arguably got us 12pts clear.

I still think Sanchez would have been what we are missing. We need a Tevez/Suarez/Costa type figure. We are so classy and relaxed that sometimes we switch off. I thought Sanchez could inject that raw passion and aggression we sometime lack. I want somebody to go mental on the pitch when we are flagging.
One thing is us not getting him, going to them is a double kick in the bollocks. If he does well, we are going to have to suffer this week in week out.

But i have to trust in the club to know what they are doing. Too many times i have felt the club have made a mistake only to be proved wrong in the long run.
Joe Hart was my biggest reaction. I hated what the club did to him. I thought we had bigger problems in other areas of the pitch to address first. Bravo only served to reinforce that belief. Yet now we have a goal keeper that can be around for years and is a massive upgrade and will only get better and better. I know i'm being greedy, but i think i just wanted a boost of signing a big player and finally snuffing out any hope them twats have of winning anything again...
Start of this season, I thought mentality was an issue, and Sanchez definitely has that. But at this moment, I can not say that mentality is a problem. We switched off for 10 minutes at Anfield, but for the most part this season the mentality has been unquestionable.

I do agree with you that Sanchez is a leader on the pitch. A Rooney, Gerrard etc. A player in that tradition, but I think we are developing our own eg KDB.

In my opinion this is a very lazy signing by Utd. They are buying a star player, but a star player at the end of his career. I don't think we had any interest in Sanchez this season until Jesus got injured at which point we contacted Arsenal, but then withdrew when we found out Jesus was not that badly injured and that Utd were involved. We just did not want him enough to pay the money that was required and willingly let Utd have a free run at him. That's my take on it, and it's only from following the news and reading sites like this so I could be wrong. We could have been tracking him all season, which is what people on this board thought, but I don't think we were.

What's right, what's wrong? What are the rules in this case? Indeed, as you point out, what are the exact facts? We don't know the detail. We do know Arsenal mucked up in August (at least by general consensus) and that did City no favours. We have to wonder if City could have sealed a deal in the summer by offering Arsenal some more money and, as we have discussed, we don't know what impact Sanchez would have had if he had come to us then; we do know we have so far managed without him.

Going forward, we don't know what the outcome of him going elsewhere is going to be, and that may be unquantifiable, but the likelihood is he will benefit our nearest rivals, possibly significantly. Both clubs though can afford to buy someone else of high quality. However, yet again, we have missed out on a big name and "let" him go to a rival. For now, I have to chalk that up as a fail even though we appear to have done things as we have for good / noble reasons.

Ultimately, the fact that our club is building a way of doings things on and off the pitch as part of a clear strategy will hopefully pay lasting dividends and The Rags apparent let's throw money at the problem, without much of a coherent plan (?), will see them slowly slide back. Thing is, I have been supporting the Blues for almost exactly 50 years so I'd like more success now.
Great post

I'll tell you what will be interesting listening,when the chairman gives his post season brief on City TV,if asked of course,then we will all get the truth,well from a City perspective anyway

But hopefully he be singing the praises of the management and playing staff on how much a successful season we have just had,which is far more important the more I get over the fact that Sanchez ain't coming

Sanchez is a short term fix. Even when he was not going through the motions for Arsenal and playing for his beloved Chile there were signs he was not as effective. If we could have signed him on a free or the right price then of course he would have been a decent addition to our squad but at the figures being quoted no way.

Even when we looked favourites to sign him there were nagging doubts as to his character, motivation and what his addition would do for squad morale. His behaviour since has more or less confirmed those doubts were justified. Will he improve and win games for the rags? Most probably but he is a better fit for that crock of shit than us and like Mourinho fits their egotistical profile perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.