Black v White match -docu

smeeagain

Last night there was a documentary about a testimonial held inthe 70,s , Adrian Chiles presenting ,
the match was seemingly uncontroversial back then ,
Extremely interesting to look back on now though !
Interviews with Regis, Cunningham, Batson ,Ian Wright , Dublin , and several other players who took part.
I could only dip in and out of it as it was on late but I,ll watch again for sure !
Highly recommended !

I watched it mate. Was a really good watch and brought back memories from being a kid. I started going in the 76-77 season (aged 6). Thankfully if memory serves me right I can’t recall Maine Road being as bad as some of the other grounds but I’m sure the older blues on here will put me right if I am wrong. Don’t remember the game which unbelievably seems to have been brushed under the carpet.
I do remember my older brother telling me about not joining in with certain songs as a youngster. Loved the 70s & 80s just glad I was young enough not to be swayed into that kind of shit

Excellent documentary , showing how much attitudes have changed since the 70s , on and off the pitch

It was a great watch - missed the very start so I assume it was being shown as a tribute to Cyrille Regis? Or was it just a tragic coincidence it was screened then?

Showed the attitudes of the time and whilst its not all 100% hunky dory across the board its light years ahead in every aspect now - not just views on racism.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.