Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this ends up as a straight swap with no transfer money involved and it looks that way, Arsene's legacy is gone forever and the Rags got themselves the deal of the century. Unbelievable!

Remarkable how much they can spend! Looks like they won’t be paying much of there debt back while Mourinho still there.

United are just like one big Ponzi scheme.

They convince enough partners to invest on the premise they will get decent returns. What they are able to do is fool Chevrolet (the director who signed off on that deal was sacked for the level it was agreed at) and adidas.

That's the present legacy of Slur Alex. These companies still think it will always be like it was under him, winning everything in sight.

utd just could not afford to let us have him,it wont matter to them the money , for me for us to have any chance of the chumps league we needed him I think they knew that and didn' want us anywhere near it .plus the getting one over on city and pep.

Pogba is the one, for me.

If Utd suddenly erupt into being a really excellent team & challenge for everything next season, then not such a problem, but if they have a spell of raised expectations, followed by Mourinho having yet another depressed meltdown (which will happen this season if Sanchez doesn't have the desired effect) Pogba is left stood at a crossroads in his career.

And with that **** as an agent stirring.

Not a situation I'd like to see at our club.

I give it another 12 months before Real Madrid or Paris make a move.

Mino only has a small stable of players who can truly help him achieve big pay days. Is Dybala one, though?

Big Nose will move in the summer as a free and that will be that.

Mkhitryan will wither on the vine at Arsenal and that will be that.

Pogba is perfectly positioned and quite entitled to turn around to United and ask for the same as Sanchez - he's already earning £17m a year!!

Neymar's transfer is the best thing that has ever happened to Pogba.

It's raised transfer fees to a point where after he gets bored of being at a second rate United side, Real or PSG can offer an amount which will not be a complete PR disaster for United, and they can spin his sale as "zidane was his idol" or "Paris is his home city" etc.

One thing I would say though @tolmie's hairdoo, is that Raiola won't be short of money making clients any time soon. Justin Kluivert, Donnarumma, Veratti - he's got some good players and is very good at picking them up at the right time, like he did with Pogba.

It has been said on this thread a few times but thought it would be worth stating it again for those that dont understand why City have not competed with United for Sanchez

There is a great team spirit in the squad and that is because meticulous research is undertaken to make sure each player brought into the club will fit in to the way City do things and much is done to make sure the player wants to come before any transfer is even started. If a player then changes his mind (Laporte) or moves the goalposts (Sanchez) or agitates for more (Seluk/Toure) then City on principle are prepared to back out of the deal for good unless the player agrees to come back on the terms agreed by City. City only want players who want to be here for the right reasons and money is not the right reason its a by-product of why you are here not the reason

Does that mean City will miss out on some players yes but the upset it will cause if one players is earning double what any of his teammates were on could upset the whole team dynamic and that is something that City are not prepared to gamble on

Pep and the management team seem to have all bought into that ethos so its not likely that we will see Pep throw his toys out of the pram should we fail to get one of his targets as he will understand that the player or agent must have changed the deal. I dont think we will ever see a deal where a player wants to come and agrees a deal but City dont pay what the selling club demand obviously within reason

If we're playing well and winning things it's amazing how even disruptive or greedy players are happy or at least content and quiet. The more we miss out to rivals when top players are available, the less likely it is we will win as much. So far there's been Hazard, RVP, Mbappe (to a CL rival) a now Sanchez. How many more will we miss just to appease fucking accountants? I thought we were meant to be the richest club in the world? About time we acted like it and created a dynasty and pushed the rags further behind while we're on top and have a manager capable of attracting almost any player to us.

The problem they have with Pogba, imo, is that he is already overpriced, in comparison to Neymar.

If fees keep going up, & Pogba doesn't go up 100% in performance, even with inflation, he still won't actually be worth what Utd have already paid for him.

If he has a blinder in Russia they will be fine on him when the bigger teams come a calling who have no qualms in beating Manure at their own game but they will have lost the player they build their future on within 3 years of getting him and what would they have to show for it in Europe and also perhaps domestically.

utd just could not afford to let us have him,it wont matter to them the money , for me for us to have any chance of the chumps league we needed him I think they knew that and didn' want us anywhere near it .plus the getting one over on city and pep.
Don't forget them clinging on to Top 4 this season. Desperate times.

United might even have done this with a long term strategy against us in mind. Drive prices up to ludicrous levels for top players. Get us to take a stand on not paying more than we regard as appropriate or when an agent hikes it further. United say we are okay to pay that and can afford it and respect the player more by doing so. They get hailed by Arsenal as a well run club for what anyone looking at this dispassionately seems suicidal. United call us and Chelsea too out - even though Chelsea were barely involved in this - so why? - as having been humiliated by United's love for the player and willingness to pay him what he is worth.

And all played out against the backdrop of Amazon filming us in a deal that United and Arsenal seem to have been upset over. Almost hoping it will highlight their victory in what otherwise would look to be a series about anything but United in any way.

This may be a strategy not so much to get Sanchez for United's benefit but a price they think worth paying if the long term consequence is all big players go to the traditional elite knowing only the likes of United will pay them 'what they are worth' - as in 'whatever fantasy sum it takes to get them'. Agents now have a marker as to who will pay and who will not.

This might have little to do with Sanchez helping United or his loss destabilising us on the pitch and all to do with seeing us off as the go to choice for lets face it any player with a brain who puts football ahead of big money - sadly, as they know, few and far between.

Sanchez could have helped himself play in a team he would suit and win things and do football in general one huge favour by taking less to get into the side he obviously wanted.

Instead he will be seen as just another mercenary not worth the big bucks unless he plays out of his skin every week and his legacy will be as far as most football fans are concerned that their ability to sign the best players has evaporated as they are all earmarked for whoever can pay them insane amounts.

This saga is basically The Empire Strikes Back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.