Jack Rodwell

I play dominoes with a massive Sunderland fan and it was only last night he told me about this situation with Rodwell.
The Club literally don`t have a pot to piss in and they are trying their best to get rid of 2 other players for the same reason (high wage earners).
My mate is adamant Sunderland will end up in League 1 by the end of the season.

I agree with your mate

Feel sorry for the guy as he had great potential and, if he could have stayed fit, could have been a great ball playing centre half in a Pep type team but now is pretty much finished at the age of 26.

Given his injury record at City we did very well to get £10 million from Sunderland for him.

Hope he has invested his money wisely.

Bit rich from Sunderland offering to cancel his contract, silly twats, who in their right mind would walk away from £70k a week for the next 18 months, he's available to play, so play him or offer him a decent amount to walk away, its that or he will stay and they will have to pay the lot regardless, either way its their problem, not his..!

Cant believe Rodwell is only 26 , he has been around the game for ages , not for one minute do i feel sorry for him though , he will have a few million in the bank and if he did have any real ambition he would walk away from his contract in the belief that another club could resurrect his football career . If as he says he just want to prove himself , he can , he doesnt need the money , he is already minted , Rodwell should prove it ,he has taken so much money out of the game and given very little in return to the clubs that have employed him.

Cant believe Rodwell is only 26 , he has been around the game for ages , not for one minute do i feel sorry for him though , he will have a few million in the bank and if he did have any real ambition he would walk away from his contract in the belief that another club could resurrect his football career . If as he says he just want to prove himself , he can , he doesnt need the money , he is already minted , Rodwell should prove it ,he has taken so much money out of the game and given very little in return to the clubs that have employed him.
He's finished and he probably knows it. As unpalatable as it is that a player who is providing little or nothing to the cause should be raking it in from a club with no money, I think anyone in their right mind would sit it out and take the cash for as long as possible. He will never get a pay day like this again in his life once this contract is up.

I read his interview in the mail which is the typical football player scripted interview from their agent bs.

"it's not about the money I just want to play "

Sounds exactly the same as Wayne Bridge said in similar circumstances here whilst turning down loan moves.

He obviously has a right to collect his salary, I wouldn't turn down 70 grand a week either for football training.

However, the "I just want to play football" narrative is completely false.

Ridiculous situation, but the club has been in free fall for some time now and this is just another example of how bad things really are there. Rodwell is entirely within his rights, and if I were in his shoes I too would stay put.

It's a shame what's happening there because I like the club and I like the fans (especially after THAT game!).

I read his interview in the mail which is the typical football player scripted interview from their agent bs.

"it's not about the money I just want to play "

Sounds exactly the same as Wayne Bridge said in similar circumstances here whilst turning down loan moves.

He obviously has a right to collect his salary, I wouldn't turn down 70 grand a week either for football training.

However, the "I just want to play football" narrative is completely false.

100% nailed on , Rodwell trying to get the sympathy vote from working class football supporters , it doesnt wash when you probably live in a cosy mansion and have a couple of Bentleys in the garage.

his hamstrings have ruined his career,i recall it being down to a growth spurt but his hamstrings didn't develop at the same rate or something like that,seemed like a ok kid so real shame for him,wouldn't mind him giving it a go as a pro city pundit and see how he gets on

Feel sorry for the guy as he had great potential and, if he could have stayed fit, could have been a great ball playing centre half in a Pep type team but now is pretty much finished at the age of 26.

Given his injury record at City we did very well to get £10 million from Sunderland for him.

Hope he has invested his money wisely.

He's just got a mortgage on a £2 million house but Alan Brazil is not happy about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.