Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is this ref Tierney have we ever had him for 1 of our matches. The same applies to Graham Scott, I have never heard of him.
Graham Scott is still quite unknown as he was only promoted to the Premier League a couple of seasons ago but has really impressed me from what I've seen. Takes no crap on the whole lot - diving, time-wasting, dissent etc. - and let's the game flow. It's disturbing how Blobby Madley gets matches over him.

I thought he performance last night in the Chelsea-Norwich match was remarkable considering the nonsense he had to put up with (Chelski players falling over left, right and centre). I would have been embarrassed if City had played like that last night. Best refereeing performance I've seen in this country for years considering it was one of the worst in terms of players trying to deceive the referee.

Also he reffed the City-Burnley match last week and the first and only ref to play the advantage rule from free kicks at the Etihad this season. Burnley were 1-0 and wasting time. We kept winning free kicks but there was always a Burnley staying within 10 yards to prevent quick free kicks. Ref asked Gundogan if he wanted an advantage and to take it quickly which we scored from. It was refreshing to see a referee who sensed what was going on (time-wasting) because oppo teams just waste time and hope for a draw when they come to the Etihad.

Graham Scott is still quite unknown as he was only promoted to the Premier League a couple of seasons ago but has really impressed me from what I've seen. Takes no crap on the whole lot - diving, time-wasting, dissent etc. - and let's the game flow. It's disturbing how Blobby Madley gets matches over him.

I thought he performance last night in the Chelsea-Norwich match was remarkable considering the nonsense he had to put up with (Chelski players falling over left, right and centre). I would have been embarrassed if City had played like that last night. Best refereeing performance I've seen in this country for years considering it was one of the worst in terms of players trying to deceive the referee.

Also he reffed the City-Burnley match last week and the first and only ref to play the advantage rule from free kicks at the Etihad this season. Burnley were 1-0 and wasting time. We kept winning free kicks but there was always a Burnley staying within 10 yards to prevent quick free kicks. Ref asked Gundogan if he wanted an advantage and to take it quickly which we scored from. It was refreshing to see a referee who sensed what was going on (time-wasting) because oppo teams just waste time and hope for a draw when they come to the Etihad.

That's prob exactly why Madley and the like get games over him.

Unfortunately, Scott is 48, and therefore probably won't be around to deal with diving for long.

I trust any of our players who fall over a bit easily are now forewarned when we have him as ref.

Agree entirely so good to see even with VAR available to him he did the correct thing every time, no matter what Conte thinks, that last minute dive by Morata deserved everything it got, even the none penalty appeal dives were picked up. Sure he got as fed up as i did watching all the cheating. Its refreshing to talk about a very good performance where the ref is more than just 'not noticeable'.
Isn't it odd that the players knew VAR was being used, the spotlight is on diving, yet Pedro still tried to con ref.

ste.sully the ref also has the option of issuing yellow cards for time wasting, but how many refs do that. None to my knowledge have issued yellow cards at the Etithad for time wasting. How many times as the ref blown for a goal kick and nearly 20secs later the opposition keeper takes his goal kick . The ref should warn him once and then on the 2nd occasion book him for time wasting. That would speed up the game. Just except that Newcastle will be doing their best to waste as much time as possible this Saturday in their hope of getting a draw.

ste.sully the ref also has the option of issuing yellow cards for time wasting, but how many refs do that. None to my knowledge have issued yellow cards at the Etithad for time wasting. How many times as the ref blown for a goal kick and nearly 20secs later the opposition keeper takes his goal kick . The ref should warn him once and then on the 2nd occasion book him for time wasting. That would speed up the game. Just except that Newcastle will be doing their best to waste as much time as possible this Saturday in their hope of getting a draw.

When the rags played Burnley at the swamp recently the Burnley keeper got a yellow for time wasting after 70 minutes.

Burnley goalkeeper was bad but not as bad as Adrian from West Ham. Even Ederson was impersonating him at the other end by the end of the match, kicking his studs against the post before he was about to take a GK.

Burnley goalkeeper was bad but not as bad as Adrian from West Ham. Even Ederson was impersonating him at the other end by the end of the match, kicking his studs against the post before he was about to take a GK.
Best moment of the season so far for me was Adrian sprinting to take a kick when we were 2 1 up and the North stand ripping into him.

Bobby Madley was a few years below me at the school I went to....
A few of my mates know him and say he is a good lad, I never knew him myself and glad!
FA salary of £120k a year plus extras for that joke! It's a hard job to do granted, but he! is absolutely shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.