Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying 25m is not much these days need to realise that spread over 4 years that is 120k a week cost to us before you take into account his wages.
Just talking about the money and that side of the transfer my issue would be that thats dead money from day one 5 years from now he is Lescott and in fairness to Lescott he was actually 32 when he offloaded him this guy will be 34 you are tying up all that money from day one without any way out, at least with Mangala a few teams seem to fancy him and we might make some of out outlay back

If we end January without Sanchez and Evans, and with Maguire, I will be very happy.

Just talking about the money and that side of the transfer my issue would be that thats dead money from day one 5 years from now he is Lescott and in fairness to Lescott he was actually 32 when he offloaded him this guy will be 34 you are tying up all that money from day one without any way out, at least with Mangala a few teams seem to fancy him and we might make some of out outlay back
The cost plus wages will probably be 250k a week which money we can use to upgrade several of our stars contracts.

Speak for yourself :) He can have all the pace in the world but he's got to have composure on the ball and that is something he just doesnt have. Was really hoping he would do it this year and turn it around but tbh he's shite as a world class defender
And you think JFE woukd be composed in a high line defence? No fucking chance. May as well as put a cone on the pitch. This move will be a disaster if he gets to play.

Haven’t been following this thread as I am angered as soon as I see it near the top.

So what is happening? Are we really buying JFE??? I hope not.

Much rather we get Harry Maguire, younger, better on the ball, better value. Makes no sense buying a 30 year old £24m stop gap when we can get Maguire, even if it for £50m, we could get 7 years out of him. He was even on twitter basically saying come and get me!!
Not really been following either thread but are you saying Maguire is for sale?

I feel sorry for players who put the effort in but drop bollocks because that's just human nature and they don't do it on purpose. I wouldn't give them shit because all that does is destroy their confidence and makes them worse. On the other hand bone idle fuckers are a different ball game, especially when you consider how much they are being paid. To stroll around doing fuck all, not busting a gut and giving your all is not acceptable. I do however think that JFE will give his all, as this is a good move for him at this stage in his career and I don't think he's coming to be fourth choice either. Only the general has earned a guaranteed start, with messrs Kompany always injured, Mangala's flapping and carelessness and Stones dropping clangers I could see JFE getting a decent run. I just hope he hits the ground running because due to his popularity this move could also ruin his career.
Good and reasoned post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.