Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the press reporting "after tax" per week amounts? Is it so it sounds less? (United still have to pay nearly double and then let the taxman deduct)
I've seen a few players wage slips from City and they all pay tax in the normal way PAYE. (all have been at the highest rate)

Last edited:
20170427085057uid1.gif

I don’t subscribe to the Sánchez is greedy bandwagon.
He or his agent have unlikely asked for that salary. It’s been thrown at them.
Most humans would take it and secure theirs and their families futures.
When it comes to money you can never have too much.
What you have to ask is why didn’t rags just offer £50k per week more than what we were offering? Because he was happy to come to city at that time and even wait until summer.
However, when someone throws a ridiculous amount of money at you I challenge anyone to turn that down.
He would have probably even signed a new deal at Arsenal for that kind of money.
You can’t blame the player

The Average footballer in my opinion would want to earn decent money, but also win trophies, what good is telling your grand kids hey look I made 50 million pound out of football but won Jack shi*

Of course, I agree, the problem comes when the opportunity comes along and he has to decide between a comfortable rich future and a much more lucrative future based on certain financial contract rather than probability of trophies at a lower reward when approaching the end of his career.

I don’t subscribe to the Sánchez is greedy bandwagon.
He or his agent have unlikely asked for that salary. It’s been thrown at them.
Most humans would take it and secure theirs and their families futures.
When it comes to money you can never have too much.
What you have to ask is why didn’t rags just offer £50k per week more than what we were offering? Because he was happy to come to city at that time and even wait until summer.
However, when someone throws a ridiculous amount of money at you I challenge anyone to turn that down.
He would have probably even signed a new deal at Arsenal for that kind of money.
You can’t blame the player

open mic is at the comedy store Friday.

Not going to rationalize this. Would have liked to see him in blue and if the numbers discussed are right I can't blame him for going to Salford either. But the rags are miles behind us structurally and maybe this signing brings them closer, maybe not -- but it won't catch them up fully regardless.

What I'm happiest about is that we weren't held to ransom here if the stories are right. Joining City with the club's ambition, organization, team (management and players), facilities and generous money on offer should be an incredible package for any player. Our quality in all those regards are demonstrable facts. We've stuck by that and not sacrificed discipline at the negotiating table.

Not massively inflating the amount to get him, looked at another way, means we haven't sold that quality "total package" City offer to the player cheap. That's wonderful. And it's also a message to any other player or agent IMO.

Of course, I agree, the problem comes when the opportunity comes along and he has to decide between a comfortable rich future and a much more lucrative future based on certain financial contract rather than probability of trophies at a lower reward when approaching the end of his career.
He already has a comfortable future regardless, anyway can't say I wouldn't be happy to have seen him in a blue shirt, but the other side of the coin is the Rags could now have screwed themselves, any good player they now want, there agent will be asking for same or more than what sanchez will be getting, and won't be long before pegs door is getting battered down by current players agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.