Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but both Arsenal and United have stitched City this time around but tomorrow is another day.

It's a bit rich to say Arsenal have stitched City.

We know he's off, we are agnostic between City and Man Yoo, if we get something out of it by dealing with Utd (player swap, we did ask for Sterling I think previously) then it makes sense to do it with them. In consequence, hardly surprising all things being equal we allow Sanchez to choose the one he wants to go to. Given the reported salary thats being offered by United (which is higher than City's offer), it's not difficult to see why he's chosen United.

Have a read of my opinions on the JFE thread & see if I tow the line.

The point I'm making is that a percentage of people have chosen to take the first option on this, as 'City have fucked up the deal' & he was 'all ours'.

Well it's a week later, City haven't been involved, he's been offered 500k pw, Arsenal have apparently accepted the bid, & he STILL hasn't fucking signed yet.

If it was so easy for City, why has it taken so long ?
It's probably taking a long time because it's a player swap? Arsenal aren't a very attractive club for players ATM. Wenger said last Sunday he expected it to be completed in a day or so.

Yes we need to "massively" improve you're right, 2nd in the PL simply isn't good enough.

2015/16 figures (latest available)

1 Manchester United 689.0
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
England 3 +2
2 Barcelona 620.2
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain 2
3 Real Madrid 620.1
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png
Spain 1 −2
4 Bayern Munich 592.0
23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png
Germany 5 +1
5 Manchester City 524.9
England 6 +1
6 Paris Saint‑Germain 520.9
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png
France 4 −2
7 Arsenal 468.5
England 7
8 Chelsea 447.4
England 8
9 Liverpool 403.8
England 9
10 Juventus 341.1
23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png
Italy 10
In the long term if we're looking at 1 major player per window then yes, however we've still got Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Fernandinho & in a couple of years Aguero. Hopefully by that time we'll have another 2 CB's & a left back, not to mention cover for Sterling & Sane.

So for now our squad's needs will probably come before paying £500k per week on the likes of Sanchez.

I gladly watched some of their past buys over the last couple of windows knowing i would never want that player at City.....unfortunately with Sanchez that is not the case.
Give it a few weeks when he starts throwing strops at his new team mates and you'll realise that it's nowhere near as bad as you thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.