Newcastle (Home) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Kompany involved in training today. Silva looks happy too, so hopefully his little one is doing better:

https://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/picture-special/2018/january/18-january-training-newcastle

web-final-a17q1630.ashx

web-final-a17q1558.ashx

Silva coming back for a Thursday session hopefully means good news, as until now he was coming back on Friday afternoons and pep has been unsure if he'd be playing or not when asked at the Friday press conferences.

As I understand it, extremely premature babies have to stay in hospital for a couple of months but after the initial danger has passed, a lot of it is just waiting for the baby to put on weight and become strong enough to leave, so fingers crossed that's where baby Silva is at.

Silva coming back for a Thursday session hopefully means good news, as until now he was coming back on Friday afternoons and pep has been unsure if he'd be playing or not when asked at the Friday press conferences.

As I understand it, extremely premature babies have to stay in hospital for a couple of months but after the initial danger has passed, a lot of it is just waiting for the baby to put on weight and become strong enough to leave, so fingers crossed that's where baby Silva is at.

Everyone has come back today only ... all were given last two days off, Monday they met for a debrief of the Sunday’s game and then Tue/Wed were given off by Pep to the whole squad ... so today was the first training back.

Thinking about the match on Saturday - I recalled a few years ago seeing that Newcastle were playing at Arsenal - who were very short odds on to win -
Newcastle were quoted 10-1 to win. I had a spare fiver so I put on the bet. Yes - Newcastle won 1-0 with a certain Andy Carroll scoring.
Just saying that - although City will be favourites to win - strange things do happen.1 - lol.

Newcastle are 22/1 with BetVictor 9/1 even to draw Saturday

Thinking about the match on Saturday - I recalled a few years ago seeing that Newcastle were playing at Arsenal - who were very short odds on to win -
Newcastle were quoted 10-1 to win. I had a spare fiver so I put on the bet. Yes - Newcastle won 1-0 with a certain Andy Carroll scoring.
Just saying that - although City will be favourites to win - strange things do happen.1 - lol.

Well that's cheered me up

Everyone has come back today only ... all were given last two days off, Monday they met for a debrief of the Sunday’s game and then Tue/Wed were given off by Pep to the whole squad ... so today was the first training back.

Ay, but before this week, Silva was staying with his family until the last possible moment - friday afternoon - before coming back. Now he's coming back earlier which hopefully means things are getting better.

frustrating lame first half,half time rocket from pep and we should win,i'd take 1-0 and no injuries given they are dirty twats
great to see big D back and smiling

I suspect KDB will be on fire in this match, and will tear them apart with his passing.
Even though we lost against Liverpool, the way we dusted ourselves down under so much pressure, and clawed our way back into the game was wonderful to see, and says far more about this team than any thumping win.

For me this feels like part 2 of the season starts from here, the countdown to lifting that big silver trophy. I 100% trust this team, their desire and will to win for the fans, pep and themselves. I imagine they didscussed last Sunday and what happened then quickly moved on to focus on the run in from here on in and it wouldn't surprise me if another bonkers winning run ensued. Confident of a statement performance and big big win with panache and style led by the wonder that is David Silva. 5-0.

Be good to get back to the real competition after Liverpool winning their cup final and the Rags valiant efforts in the "Lets try to make ourselves relevant again" trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.