Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As they say in the small print of any investment document " past performance is not an indicator of future results".
Aguero is a great striker for a different kind of team, he will always struggle to play in a Pep team. He doesn't have the skillset or build to be efficient in this kind of system.

I was watching a programme on Sky about him last night (La Liga Legends) where it showed all his goals for Atletico Madrid. Christ, he was some player. also it is clear how much quicker he was then compared to now. Age catches up with us all?

I was watching a programme on Sky about him last night (La Liga Legends) where it showed all his goals for Atletico Madrid. Christ, he was some player. also it is clear how much quicker he was then compared to now. Age catches up with us all?
have you watched his 100 city goals one on sky when he got there? ,he still has it but in a different way,all players have to adapt as they age,shame but true

The litmus test is that if we listed him today who would be in for him? Almost all the top EPL sides I think would want him if only for 2 seasons. Its Peps style of play that I think isolates him and burns him out.

The litmus test is that if we listed him today who would be in for him? Almost all the top EPL sides I think would want him if only for 2 seasons. Its Peps style of play that I think isolates him and burns him out.
You mean the record breaking one that has us playing the best and most dominant system of our entire history?

Guardiola's entire approach to Aguero has been the opposite of isolating him. You must have heard Pep talk about how he wants Aguero to be more involved in our build up play and get on the ball more, the literal opposite of making someone isolated.

Back then Atleti pretty much player "give it to Aguero and see what happens".

He's definitely got his best and most exciting days behind him as a striker, but I don't think that means he can't have the highest scoring season or 2 of his career if he can just click with Pep. He's never been in a side this good before, he's never had this good a coach nor this much quality around him creating chances. In this side, he can be scoring 40-50 goals a season in all competitions if he can just find the form he was in prior to the car crash.

He loves scoring against Newcastle, and the team should be looking to make a statement, so hopefully this weekend he'll fill his boots.

He hasn't looked right for awhile. He seems to be just too bulky. Watch him from 4 years ago, much leaner and quicker, but then again also much more injury prone. Perhaps this bulkiness has helped him stay healthy and I'm thankful for that. In his early years with us, injury prone, but since about the past 3 years, hardly ever gets injured! He's lost a step and that is making it more difficult for him. Still a quality player but you can see the difference b/w him and Jesus very easily, Jesus appears quicker and more lively, although Aguero is still more likely to score than Jesus (more experienced, stronger, and better finisher). Still can be useful for us, but surely we'll be bringing someone in to compete.

I also always find it strange that he feels unsettled due to the presence of Jesus or the fact that Pep may want to bring in additional forwards. When he started with us, he was competing against 3 other quality strikers, Dzeko, Balo, and Tevez he didn't complain then. Why not, because he was top of the heap, because he earned it. He is not earning being on top of the heap now and with a team with our ambitions, it always has to be earned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.