VAR in regards to City related incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio’s goal against QPR.

Brought back for a penalty for the foul on Mario.

Crosby ‘goal’ at Forest.

Blues are kidding yourselves if you think VAR will help us. Why would it when the current post match referal system already stitches us up?

Blues are kidding yourselves if you think VAR will help us. Why would it when the current post match referal system already stitches us up?

Well, last season and the one before that were awful for City in terms of refereeing decisions. Both games against Tottenham in Pellegrini's last season, games against Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal thrown by poor choices.

This season there have only been two standout decisions in games we haven't won.

1) Walker's sending off vs Everton. This was absurd and a clear mistake by Madley, who just isn't up to PL standard. Would we have won that game if he'd stayed on the pitch? Maybe, but we were 1-0 down and played far better after the sending off anyway.
2) Zaha penalty win for Sterling's 'foul' against Palace. This was also extremely soft. If it hadn't been given, what would've happened? We might've scored in the last few minutes but we were so awful that day that it doesn't seem likely.

Personally I don't think Firmino fouled Stones. I think we're getting fair treatment this season.

Well, last season and the one before that were awful for City in terms of refereeing decisions. Both games against Tottenham in Pellegrini's last season, games against Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal thrown by poor choices.

This season there have only been two standout decisions in games we haven't won.

1) Walker's sending off vs Everton. This was absurd and a clear mistake by Madley, who just isn't up to PL standard. Would we have won that game if he'd stayed on the pitch? Maybe, but we were 1-0 down and played far better after the sending off anyway.
2) Zaha penalty win for Sterling's 'foul' against Palace. This was also extremely soft. If it hadn't been given, what would've happened? We might've scored in the last few minutes but we were so awful that day that it doesn't seem likely.

Personally I don't think Firmino fouled Stones. I think we're getting fair treatment this season.

That zaha one wouldn’t have been given regardless. They were willing us to lose a game

Agree with much of that, although I don’t think Zaha’s penalty would’ve been overturned on VAR, even though I don’t think it was a pen.

Anyway, back on topic Tiatto’s goal at Boro is a good shout. Also, the penalty given against Frontzeck at Old Trafford in the FA Cup in 96. Admittedly, I should probably move on now.

Largely I agree with this. After the 5-0 game a lot of dippers complained about the ‘foul’ by Fernandinho in heading the ball to De Bruyne for the first goal. I didn’t think it was a foul at the time and I still don’t, but the thing is, you’ve seen them given, and you’ve seen them not given. I think it was a foul by Firmino at Anfield, but again whilst you’ve seen them given, you’ve also seen them not given. It isn’t surprising the home team got the benefit of the doubt both times. I don’t think the referee’s call would have been overturned by VAR on either occasion.

Provided we are getting the rub of the green sometimes (even if not all the time) I don’t think we can really complain. Whilst last season I can’t think of many decisions we got in big games, and we can all remember several wrong game changing decisions that all went against us, this season I think we’ve basically had a fair crack of the whip.

David Luis non-sending off for bringing down Kun last season.

The whole league season may have been completely different had they gone down to 10 men at that point.
Still the single most dodgy thing I’ve seen in English football.

Taylor put the whistle to his mouth. City’s players surrounded him to protest for a red card. He then pulls the whistle away and waves play on. I swear something was said in his ear piece. Neville was perplexed on sky but by half time, it had become almost unmentionable. I don’t think match of the day made a big deal of it and there was hardly any fuss in the following days.

Try to find footage of it on the internet.

As proud as I was of Fernandinho at the end, I was gutted that Agüero lost it and allowed that incident to become the focal point of the match rather than the blatant cheating by a United fan who gets to referee big games by lying and saying he goes against his entire family by supporting Altrincham over United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.