Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect it will happen today.

Can we stop the shock and horror over the money? You can't knock the deal on financial grounds when you are MCFC. And if Man Utd win trophies, they at the moment will make even more money than we will. In the Summer we were prepared to pay a lot more for Mbappe but PSG beat us to that deal. The problem with this deal is that it does not make footballing sense. He is past his best.

They think Sanchez has more to offer them than Miki and Zlaten.

They might be right.

Who knows what the wage situation actually is but you would expect the wages those players are on will be close to what they are paying Sanhez.

If they want to pay the reported figures for Sanchez they are welcome to do so.

Clearly the Armenian is not a player Mou wants and he has a history of releasing players some of them turning out ok to other clubs.

The end came in similar fashion to our interest in the Monaco to PSG young player Mbeppe ( is as close as I can remember his name).
As long as our decision makers keep value in mind we will continue to prosper and we will retain the team culture at player level.

You make an excellent point re value. Even at the ridiculous figures quoted you can make a case for Sanchez for the remainder of this season and next - but on a four and half year deal the figures look a joke in years 3 and 4 - no way should Sanchez be picking up the sort of money being promised. United will end up giving Sanchez 20 to 30m in 2020/21 just to get shut of him. This has Maureen written all over it - short term gain but long term pain

Dzeko's turning 32 in 2 months! still a great player in the Italian league but don't think he will do a Drogba here. I still think Chelsea is looking for a striker and us mentioning that they are interested in Sanchez may be more informed than many thinks. They don't really have any issues with buying players and wages either.

Edit: just checked that Hazard is due a new contract. So that does perhaps put a spanner in the works considering Whoevers taking Sanchez will pay him 500k per week.

Last edited:
I though he would be ideal as back up for Sane, and the promise of development to get into the England squad might be enough to persuade him.. then I found out he'd written to FIFA and switched to Ivory Coast in 2017?!! Because he's played for England youth, does anyone know if that still counts as homegrown? Or does the Ivory Coast thing count him now as an international??

Dzeko's turning 32 in 2 months! still a great player in the Italian league but don't think he will do a Drogba here. I still think Chelsea is looking for a striker and us mentioning that they are interested in Sanchez may be more informed than many thinks. They don't really have any issues with buying players and wages either.

Dzeko could do a job for us, or anywhere imo (not that I would want him) but he is a player who can nick a goal. Any team who signed him would do better with him in the squad than without, but, the problem is if you have to start him regularly, he goes missing & plays like a twat, so often.

If he would be happy to be used purely as a scoring asset, like that little Norwegian **** at the swamp used to be, he'd be a really great signing for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.