The importance of Wembley 1999

Anyone remember what 'they' could do with their treble?
I talked about that in both Manchester The Greatest City and Manchester The City Years as I thought it was worth recording the significance of that chant. At that time nothing was bigger or better than us getting out of Div 2 via the play off and their treble which had got so much attention was a complete irrelevance. The chant demonstrated the difference in attitudes - we knew how significant their treble was but our win was more significant in terms of salvation.

Happy play-off final anniversary, fellow Blues. Bloody hell, what a day that was.

just look at coventry city and there sale of the ground to the owners of the Ricoh Arena its crazy what they did to the football club and wembley will be the same. england and the FA will be selling there soul to that guy and he can stop the FA from playing any games at wembley. and if he likes even the fa cup and league cup could be sold up the river and the play offs could be in the mix something stinks

the money is there at the FA so why sell wembley and the grass roots crap that they say will get £500million hahahahaha how many sunday league clubs will see any of that money or kids leagues and how many parks or land do you see around manchester with football pitches they all have been sold by the council its like that all around the country grass root football is a thing of the past

I can still see that ball hit the back of the net and the pure unadulterated joy flowing through my body, an absolute utopia feeling that I had never felt. The scenes that followed that goal I will never forget. I ended up about 6 rows down such was the wild celebrations. What a day !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.