Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to get the distinct impression that despite the figures being banded about Sanchez is still needing some convincing. Surely if they've offered Micky Terrapin or cash this deal would have been finalised by now.

You summed it up well. I'd have taken him on a free if Jesus was injured, or on our terms because I don't see him as a long term player at the level we are aiming at.

Will be interesting to see how he does at Utd. Suspect he'll do OK short term, but I'm certain he'll be 2nd rate by 31-32. And they have very little chance of moving him on. It's very very rare for a club who want to win titles to sign players at his stage of his career.
Why did we want to sign him then at such an advanced stage of his career? I agree fully with Dribble wanted him but not at any cost.

I'm starting to get the distinct impression that despite the figures being banded about Sanchez is still needing some convincing. Surely if they've offered Micky Terrapin or cash this deal would have been finalised by now.

Hopefully there's time for it all to collapse horribly yet.
Stay at Arse, go to Chelsea, go to PSG, give up football and become a monk. Anything could happen.
Let's hope it all goes as wrong for utd as possible anyway.

You summed it up well. I'd have taken him on a free if Jesus was injured, or on our terms because I don't see him as a long term player at the level we are aiming at.

Will be interesting to see how he does at Utd. Suspect he'll do OK short term, but I'm certain he'll be 2nd rate by 31-32. And they have very little chance of moving him on. It's very very rare for a club who want to win titles to sign players at his stage of his career.

The football retirement home that is the Chinese Super League would probably have him. I could see a Tevez style piss take where he signs a ridiculous contract and swans around doing fuck all whilst earning excess of half a million quid a week. Alternatively there's always Turkey, they like a big name signing, just ask Darius.

IMHO Mkhitaryan is a very good player who will succeed at a club/under a manager/coach where his attacking talents are nurtured and he is not bullied, humiliated and stripped of all confidence. And that’s not Wenger. Because he’s just shit.

Mkhitaryan is a player who could potentially make United and Mourinho look very stupid.

I'm not expecting it, but if he were to rediscover his Dortmund form it would be similar to Mourinho binning KDB and Lukaku, and I can see how Wengers soft approach and Ozil sharing the creative load might really suit him.

If they pull off Aubameyang as well I'd be genuinely quite impressed with how Arsenal pulled this out of the bag. The only real problem is both are 29 and it's not like they are the finishing touches to a team, they need to rebuild the midfield and defence too.

I seem to remember they took an age to iron out the deal to bring Carlton Pogba back so this just reminds me of that - we all knew he was signing for them, just a matter of time before they announce it.

My point being you can't argue to have Zaha for experience when his only experience is playing in this league, quite average most of the time too. Roberts is 20, he has played regular football and probably thought this season his game time would be significantly reduced. He isn't late 20s and done one to a crap league, he is young and still learning. He has gone back to a team he plays most weeks, wins trophies and initially champions league football. If people don't think he will make it that's fine, I am unsure myself but to claim he doesn't want to test himself is embarrassing and guess work. Oh and another thing Zaha is shite.

Unfair on Roberts, as is normal with our young players; they have to set a better example than our signings on most things for some reason, like Sanchez, who some think is a big miss, yet his 'ambition' is to take the money at Utd, not help City win the title. I'm sure Roberts would love to be at City if he thought he could get on the pitch enough to actually stay match fit (which wouldn't happen).

I can see why City would be interested in Zaha, as he's tricky & fast (& true, sometimes shite) but it is something Pep could work on.

It seems to me that Pep has evolved somewhat since his Barca days & is looking to have a certain number of players in the squad, who are well built, physical & fast, as well as the typical medium paced Barca style, semi dwarves, he is traditionally associated with.

I doubt he would ever be more than an alternative/ backup to Sterling, Sane etc, but if Pep could improve his end product, then, knowing Pep, he could even make a flying fullback out of him or something & actually make him into an asset rather than just a squad signing. A decent option, to help Sterling & Sane stay sharp.

Roberts is a better footballer, by far imo, but has a big problem reaching City's level re stamina & physicality. If he could do that, we wouldn't need Bernardo Silva.

I seem to remember they took an age to iron out the deal to bring Carlton Pogba back so this just reminds me of that - we all knew he was signing for them, just a matter of time before they announce it.

Yeah it did drag on a bit, but they were Pogba's only option and his agent was busily shaking every last dime out of Woodward's pockets. In this case he does have options and may just have seen the light of day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.