Full Backs?

We need to buy a quality left back. Don’t think Angelino is the answer.

Delph is injury prone and has done a great job for us but maybe it would be best to move him on the summer. I’m sure his value has gone up. The fact is he is not a LB and not good enough to play in the middle for us. Love the lad but this is the best decision.

Mendy is injured and sorry to say but will likely have more injuries in the future so we need a real quality back up.

Reading your post I would suggest you give the Samaritans a call.

Yes if our targets are available now it would be ideal if not leave it until summer.

Delph has fitness concerns and we are much much weaker when Danilo plays. Top teams target Delph as they know he is not a LB and this is even more so with Danilo.

Based on current rumors looks like we will wait until summer. This and lack of cover for Fern could be our demise in the CL this season.

Remember what kind of injury Mendy is carrying. You can't even know for sure if he'll be the same player after return - ACL plastics affect pace/power in 50% of cases, also major surgery makes the extremity more prone to further injuries. I think that's one of the reasons for City to hesitate with replacement. The situation isn't as clear as you might think. It would be logical to wait for Mendy's return, then address the LB issue and make decision on Delph, his replacement etc.

Remember what kind of injury Mendy is carrying. You can't even know for sure if he'll be the same player after return - ACL plastics affect pace/power in 50% of cases, also major surgery makes the extremity more prone to further injuries. I think that's one of the reasons for City to hesitate with replacement. The situation isn't as clear as you might think. It would be logical to wait for Mendy's return, then address the LB issue and make decision on Delph, his replacement etc.

Either way I would say we need to bring in a quality LB. but I understand waiting.

You've made that up off the top of your head haven't you?
Nope, heard that from several surgeons and rehabilitologists in Russia and Germany. If the ligament is replaced, the biomechanics of the knee changes, affecting performance. It's rarely the same after such invasion. Bad injury, especially for players relying on acceleration - forwards, fullbacks. Did my knee 2 yrs ago, so had to read some stuff on this topic.

Go all out for sessigon, him and delph until mendy is back is a solid solution. English, fast, can score and assist and is getting better defensively all the time. We need young and hungry back ups to 1st teamers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.