Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate that mate but it certainly wasn't ignored yesterday on Twitter. Was shared around by pretty much all the top writers. Was hugely embarrassing.
The Tifo article is the first of Jolly’s I have read. I have read a great many of yours and I always enjoy them. Keep on writing what you believe mate, and calling out stuff when it needs it. Forget this Jolly article, it’s piss poor and does not reflect the views of many matchgoing fans. The guy sounds like a major arse hole.

Appreciate that mate but it certainly wasn't ignored yesterday on Twitter. Was shared around by pretty much all the top writers. Was hugely embarrassing.

Write a rebuttal lad. At the end of the day, you will always get criticism when commenting on sports, due to the partisan nature of the fan base. If you eloquently explain where he is either incorrect or, as you have stated on here, looking down his nose at you, then this would be the best reaction, worse case, is you get into a "feud", which is always good for a read and increases profile and readership.

At the end of the day, most journalist put their comments down and submit them for people to "review". you'll get some good, but some bad, and due to the Partisan nature of sport, you'll mostly get bad.

Through the whole gamut of journalists, it still surprises me (Especially with the more high profile) get upset with criticism, as this is the back bone basically what they are doing to others, so I'm surprised he has the gall to attack peer. I agree personal attacks are not on, and the body of work should be judged, not the person who produces it, but some times the lines become blurred and sometimes its relevant.

At the end of the day, like I mentioned above, challenge him on his comments (In a respectful way, even if he want to act a ****), else you'll regret it later on.

Don’t write a rebuttal LT.

Instead, write what you think. A lot of us enjoy reading it, and agree with it. You are not the only one to have noticed that Martin Tyler is more enthusiastic when Liverpool win a corner than when City score a goal.

Except for the Aguero goal, of course.

Does anyone think that Jolly read LT's article and was so incensed, so angered by the so called attack that he immeiately went and sat at his keyboard to write his piece ? I reckon he got a phone call from someone, I will leave you to guess who it might be and they asked him to write the it. If Mouriniho can have hacks writing propoganda in his defence it so can others.

(I am not saying it was Tyler by the way I am looking upwards)

Thanks all. Seriously. As another poster has pointed out he has deleted his article from Twitter so now I'll move on, develop a thicker skin, and put yesterday down to a bad one.

Lucky Toma, i always enjoy reading your stuff as you seem to mirror my own views but put them far more eloquently than i ever could.
So please ignore that cretin and carry on as you were.

Social media etc has enabled more & more people to put their views & opinions across, which has led to a lot of the mainstream media feeling they are losing influence and also the ability to control any narratives. The decent journo's/writers accept this changing situation and adjust to suit, but a large number of established people won't accept it and lash out like petulant kids. I've seen plenty similiar hissy fit hit pieces done in the gaming & entertainment media recently.

If anything, i would view it as a compliment if i was in your shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.