Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone seen Neil Ashton's article on this in The Sun today?

Amazingly he has it pretty much spot on.

The headline in big letters is TURNCOAT - Sanchez has done the dirty on Pep.

And says he has 'sacrificed everything to make this move - Morals. Principles. Trophies.....What a piece of work he is'

And that 'In Pep's eyes a deal is a deal. Clearly Sanchez takes a different view, especially when somebody throws £500,000 per week his way.'

Really interesting that some journalists know full well what is going on here and are not afraid to say it.

The only real downside is that he argues City 'were a little bit too confident that a deal for Sanchez was already in the bag' and so it is 'one-up for United'

But then adds that City 'took the moral high ground when the bidding war began. They were entitled to. Sanchez has gone back on his word'.

At least he is not getting away without his greed being noticed and shouted out.

Wouldn't say Ashton was a fan of us but he hates PEG which is good enough for me.

Very diplomatic and gracious of Pep over Sanchez. Quite clever really. Not calling him out. Which retains the moral high ground for the club as The Sun put it and if Sanchez had a scrap of conscience ought to make him squirm. The guy he wanted to follow to the team he wanted to play for is not decrying the worm that turned at the sniff of a bigger payday. And is wishing him well to play for his nearest rivals.

Well done Pep.

He's always gracious in these circumstances and in defeat he will always say first off congratulations to the opponent they played. Certain other managers could learn a a thing or two from him

I don't agree with that.

We don't care who we sell to. Absolutely indifferent as to whether it's City or Man Yoo.

All we want is to get as much cash as possible and more importantly to get a replacement in.

We did suggest an exchange with you lot for Sterling but you wouldn't play ball.

We tried to get Lemar but screwed that up.

So, now it's January. City isn't the only game in town. Your neighbours have joined in and throwing bucket loads of money at Sanchez and a player swap with Mkhitaryan. City are offering nothing to compete. That's why we are where we are. Not because of some petty schoolboy petulance from Wenger towards City. Frankly, I doubt he gives a toss. I wouldn't. Look at our form and league position. We have much bigger problems to deal with. Also, you lot are miles ahead of the rest and I guess your appetite (quite rightly) for Sanchez has diminished quite a lot. Let's face it Man Yoo need Sanchez more than you.

However, if you really want Sanchez, can we have Sane?

Quite happy for any club in the world to have Sanchez as long as they don't have Sane.

Sane has a lot to work on in his game (only just turned 22) but there are only 2 players I would swap him with - Mbappe and Neymar. Nobody else.

Sanchez will be laughing at these articles calling him a traitor etc, whilst papering his bedroom walls in £20 notes.

His preference would be to keep him but he is weak when push comes to shove he won't stand in his way knowing he will go in the summer for sure no strings attached this time.

He would prefer to sell to Manure than City for sure and he made that pretty clear.

Irrelevant

Sanchez chose Man Yoo, not Wenger's decision, though a swap with Mkhitaryan certainly sweetens it for us.

"So, Alexis, what was it about £500,000 smackeroonies a week that made you choose Man Yoo over City?"

Agreed, having a manager everyone respects helps a lot in the war to win neutrals. They love the antics of the bad boys but do not like them as a manager for doing it and respect the integrity of those who do not descend to their level.

Pep is a gentleman personified AND the best manager to boot running the best team.

That is enough to rankle the hell out of all those moaners at other clubs.

And it will win City more new fans around the world than not signing a greedy sod who has no integrity is ever going to lose.

Well played City.

Quite happy for any club in the world to have Sanchez as long as they don't have Sane.

Sane has a lot to work on in his game (only just turned 22) but there are only 2 players I would swap him with - Mbappe and Neymar. Nobody else.

Like you I rate Sane highly, but to be fair I wasn't seriously suggesting there was any hope of our getting him on a swap deal. My tongue was firmly implanted in my cheek...

Interesting how he will fit in
I suspect Sánchez will play on the left side of the attack,which I think is his best position but it will be at the expense of Martial who I thought was just starting to look like the player preMourinho when he first burst onto the scene.

I think Sánchez will be far more effective for Utd than he would’ve been for City. He gives the ball away far too often to be effective for a team where possession is key but that’s not particularly an issue at Utd where he will have license to affect the game in his own way as he did for Arsenal
Reminds me in many ways of Tevez,money being his no 1 concern but gives absolutely everything on the pitch which balances it out for me,I think he’s a better acquisition for Utd
than he would’ve been for City.
I look forward to seeing him in the guard of honour at the Etihad in April,will be delicious

Like you I rate Sane highly, but to be fair I wasn't seriously suggesting there was any hope of our getting him on a swap deal. My tongue was firmly implanted in my cheek...

I know but just got carried away cos I love Sane so much, he could turn a game at the speed of light-blue lightning.

One thought for you all to consider.

Arsenal has a long track record of failing to deliver on transfers. In fact the more of a media frenzy, often it's less likely anything will happen.

As an old, embittered, cynical, seen it all before, curmudgeonly old Gooner, it would not surprise me if Sanchez is still at Arsenal come 1st February. Unlikely I admit, but not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.