How many points to win the league?

Think the team will lose a couple more before the season ends. Not sure if the rest have the capability to make up the difference though. I would like to see us be utterly ruthless in the next 4-6 games and demoralise the chasing pack.

Our next six is Newcastle H, WBA H, Burnley A, Leicester H, Arsenal A, Chelsea H. If we could take 14 or 15 points from that I would assume our lead would be at least the 12 points it's at right now if not more, and there would only be 9 league games remaining (and other than Rags H and Spurs A we will be the overwhelming favorite).

Our next six is Newcastle H, WBA H, Burnley A, Leicester H, Arsenal A, Chelsea H. If we could take 14 or 15 points from that I would assume our lead would be at least the 12 points it's at right now if not more, and there would only be 9 league games remaining (and other than Rags H and Spurs A we will be the overwhelming favorite).

if we can get 16 from that lot - 78 points with 9 games left we will do it!

if we can get 16 from that lot - 78 points with 9 games left we will do it!

Absolutely it would be good as done but Burnley A, Arsenal A, and Chelsea H won't be easy. We've also got Basel A between Leicester and Arsenal and Basel H after Chelsea. Not to mention the LC final will move the Arsenal game back a few days and I'm really not sure when the fifth round of the FA Cup would be.

Absolutely it would be good as done but Burnley A, Arsenal A, and Chelsea H won't be easy. We've also got Basel A between Leicester and Arsenal and Basel H after Chelsea. Not to mention the LC final will move the Arsenal game back a few days and I'm really not sure when the fifth round of the FA Cup would be.

5th round is directly after Basel (A), with a blank week after it before Arsenal (A)

Glad the gap isnt level at this stage or we were chasing as some of you would be in hospital.

Played 23 and lost once against a really strong opponent on their day. 15 to go and we can reach 107 points.

Not one of the 20 teams will win all 15 remaining games and I dont see us losing anymore than the teams closest to us for them to be even close come May.
Thank goodness someone talking sense.....we have only lost once and will not lose more than two more. We will piss it . We quite possibly have 3 more wins in next couple of week still with a minimum of 12 point gap with 13 to play.

I thought Arsenal A would get moved to something like Feb 27/28 if we advance to the League Cup?

it might, as that is presumably the FA Cup replay week, being 10 days after the 5th round.

10 Feb - Leicester H
13 Feb - Basel A
17/18 Feb - FA Cup 5th round
25 Feb - Arsenal A/LC Final
(28 Feb - blank)
3 March - Chelsea H

It could be that the league cup final is the match that the teams should be playing in the PL that weekend. I think the same happened when we played Liverpool two years ago.

it might, as that is presumably the FA Cup replay week, being 10 days after the 5th round.

10 Feb - Leicester H
13 Feb - Basel A
17/18 Feb - FA Cup 5th round
25 Feb - Arsenal A/LC Final
(28 Feb - blank)
3 March - Chelsea H

It could be that the league cup final is the match that the teams should be playing in the PL that weekend. I think the same happened when we played Liverpool two years ago.

You're correct we played them just days apart. So tentatively assuming we make the LC final we can expect to play Arsenal on the 28th?

You're correct we played them just days apart. So tentatively assuming we make the LC final we can expect to play Arsenal on the 28th?

No idea.

My guess is that it would suit both to get it out of the way, so as not to clog up the calendar around later CL/EL weeks. However, putting it in after a cup final and before Chelsea may not be considered best timing for workload,

United are unlikely to win all of their next few games. They’re just not that consistent and haven’t been all season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.