Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of football supporters beyond City have this all about the money thing over City. In the early years after the takeover that was fair comment as we had to spend above the odds to catch up to the rest who had been doing it for years.

But we have now made a shift in emphasis to only wanting players who want to come for what we deem a fair wage.

That is a shock to the world of football where it has always been about money and outdoing one another.

We seem to have concluded that there is another way.

It is not just over this transfer we changed the strategy over deals for players a while ago to reward success and performance rather than just buy it in.

Perhaps that is not well understood beyond City as yet.

We don't have an unlimited budget because of FFP(FFP is not optional)....rags know this

I am sure we could have matched what the rags are offering sanchez

that would have affected the amount we could spend on future signings

Good luck to the lad. Some players when they hang up their boots like to show off their medals, trophies won, great finals they played in etc.

Others get more satisfaction from proudly showing off their bank statements.

As someone who has morphed from football coach to bank manager, Wenger in particular would appreciate those whose ambitions tend towards the latter.

That's unfair for a manager however stubborn ( and I'm disillusioned with him) he did win 3 league titles and 7 FA Cups. You might say given the lack of resources he did well?

You're the best team in the league, is it asking too much for a bit of magnanimity from you?

We don't have an unlimited budget because of FFP(FFP is not optional)....rags know this

I am sure we could have matched what the rags are offering sanchez

that would have affected the amount we could spend on future signings

Got nothing to with FFP. KDB just about to sign a 6 year deal at 200k a week.
How do we close that deal when Sanchez rocks up on 500k.
Do the math!

That was my thought after reading it all. Not having a go or backing up united but saying that there was another situation involved that made us turn away from the transfer

Me too mate!....good to see many of us not blowing Klopp's words out of context! Guess some people like the big conspiracy, us against the world theory!

That's unfair for a manager however stubborn ( and I'm disillusioned with him) he did win 3 league titles and 7 FA Cups. You might say given the lack of resources he did well?

You're the best team in the league, is it asking too much for a bit of magnanimity from you?
your owner is mega rich,the money is there just arsene won't spend it,you fans are fleeced worse than anyone ,much worse,you have money as you'll find out when arsene leaves you

Neville mate, seriously I think Klopp was having a dig at the filth for their obscene offer to AS, doesn't mean he loves us and may have a problem with FFP rules perceivingly being ignored. In a nutshell, hates our spending power (fair enough, who doesnt), respects Pep (doesn't determine FFP rules after all), hates that lot. Unless I'm going mad.
I think ur sane, for now

Looks like Guardiola talked about this more in the embargoed bit of the press conference, which is on tomorrow’s back pages. Talks about not wanting to disrupt squad stability by meeting Sanchez’s wage demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.