Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad state of affairs to write an utter donkey spunk article to act as click bait hoping blues like us read it in order to shake our heads and laugh at it’s idiocy.

Yeah, but then again it’s nothing new I guess. The tabloids have been doing it for decades.

Yes, presumably the aim is to shift more papers/get more clicks, rather than destabilising City. Would’ve thought that was fairly clear.

Exactly just papers chucking a shock story out there to generate a few clicks. Happens all the time and not unique to us. Its actually been ‘Mourinho to PSG’ all season and similarly its not likely to destabilise or derail them.

Its the problem with 24/7 news. A lot of column inches and websites to fill.

we must have a game tomorrow and are doing well

DT7zO3-XUAAAK-l.jpg

OMG - who’s his source.....oh yeah, his imagination

Exactly.

Back page of Mirror has Crouch linked with Chelsea - Are they trying to derail Stoke ?

Of course Pep and City players will be linked with whoever, same for United. Glamour headlines sell more. That’s about it.

It happens all the time. To players, managers. Not sure anyone believes anything in the sport tabloids anymore so cannot see why anyone would be slightly bothered.

Yes, presumably the aim is to shift more papers/get more clicks, rather than destabilising City. Would’ve thought that was fairly clear.
Clicks maybe but buy that rag on the basis of that back page headline... Not having it.

Yeah, but then again it’s nothing new I guess. The tabloids have been doing it for decades.
Fair comment. I suppose it’s more when you know it’s blatantly made up that it’s more frustrating that guys get paid to do it.

It’s a ridiculous article from McDonnell, but I never buy into this unsettling nonsense. I can’t imagine for one second anyone at the club takes any notice of it, so fail to see how it would derail us. Presumably the club laugh it off, and so should the fans.

I agree. It’s a shit ‘story’

But who will it unsettle? I can’t imagine that De Bruyne has pen in hand, ready to sign a contract but then whips out a copy of the Mirror and changes his mind

I agree. It’s a shit ‘story’

But who will it unsettle? I can’t imagine that De Bruyne has pen in hand, ready to sign a contract but then whips out a copy of the Mirror and changes his mind

Exactly. Can you imagine, say, Sterling and Aguero huddled in the dressing room saying “Shit, David McDonnell in The Mirror thinks the gaffer is off to PSG. We’re fucked.”?

If they even noticed the story, which they probably wouldn’t, they’d presumably laugh about when the same paper reported that either of them were going to Arsenal as part of a Sanchez swap.

Exactly. Can you imagine, say, Sterling and Aguero huddled in the dressing room saying “Shit, David McDonnell in The Mirror thinks the gaffer is off to PSG. We’re fucked.”?

If they even noticed the story, which they probably wouldn’t, they’d presumably laugh about when the same paper reported that either of them were going to Arsenal as part of a Sanchez swap.

It goes to a wider point of ‘mind games’ and ‘click bait’

No reasonable person would buy a copy of the Mirror on the strength of that headline, surely? But would they buy it if it was and intelligent debate/analysis of a certain game, team or season as a whole?

I don’t know the answer. But they all seem to put a lot of effort in to writing rubbish (about City and others) so why not spend time writing pieces that people buy?

What they might spend in cash and man hours, they would surely make back in credibility and longevity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.