Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It goes to a wider point of ‘mind games’ and ‘click bait’

No reasonable person would buy a copy of the Mirror on the strength of that headline, surely? But would they buy it if it was and intelligent debate/analysis of a certain game, team or season as a whole?

I don’t know the answer. But they all seem to put a lot of effort in to writing rubbish (about City and others) so why not spend time writing pieces that people buy?

What they might spend in cash and man hours, they would surely make back in credibility and longevity?

Pep touched on this in an interview about how journalism had improved in Spain now people were taking about events on the pitch, not off it.

I think detailed analysis of a game is a lot more difficult to write and I do think people like sensationalism in their everyday life as it detractiom from more humdrum events.

we must have a game tomorrow and are doing well

DT7zO3-XUAAAK-l.jpg

They're definitely in it for Pep. He's the best manager in the world. If you had limitless funds, you'd be crazy to not at least try to get him. Doubt Pep would wanna leave though. At least not before seeing his project here come into full bloom.

It goes to a wider point of ‘mind games’ and ‘click bait’

No reasonable person would buy a copy of the Mirror on the strength of that headline, surely? But would they buy it if it was and intelligent debate/analysis of a certain game, team or season as a whole?

I don’t know the answer. But they all seem to put a lot of effort in to writing rubbish (about City and others) so why not spend time writing pieces that people buy?

What they might spend in cash and man hours, they would surely make back in credibility and longevity?

I agree wholeheartedly, but that’s probably a wider point about the tabloid media in general. It’s not a new development, or specific to City, but yes football journalism in particular in this country is generally pretty poor.

Exactly. Can you imagine, say, Sterling and Aguero huddled in the dressing room saying “Shit, David McDonnell in The Mirror thinks the gaffer is off to PSG. We’re fucked.”?

If they even noticed the story, which they probably wouldn’t, they’d presumably laugh about when the same paper reported that either of them were going to Arsenal as part of a Sanchez swap.
I seem to remember, only 2 months ago, the same papers were full of Maureen going to PSG. He was ‘openly courting them’ and ‘would be gone by the end of the season, if not before’ according to some.
It’s only to be expected, in this country at least, when you have the two most successful managers of the last 10 years, not only in the same league, but in the same city (sort of, anyway) they will be trying to write about them. One week they’ll be signing extensions and the next they’ll be leaving. What it reveals is that the vast majority of our journalists actually don’t know anything that is going on so they make it up. A negative story about Maureen is quickly presumed to be well researched fact on BM, a negative about Pep is presumed to be the exact opposite. This is obviously interchangeable on ragcafe, rawk and many others.
The fact is, it’s being discussed and linked on here, and on their site, so he’s getting some mileage out of it and the rags will be clicking it as they’re desperate for it to be true.

Pep took over a b team heading nowhere and transformed them into winning games before getting the Barcelona job and kept them up through determination, guile, wisdom and grit. Some City fans (my family) still didn't grasp how wondrous he was after I told them and said we should get fat sam or pulis..

Pep took over a b team heading nowhere and transformed them into winning games before getting the Barcelona job and kept them up through determination, guile, wisdom and grit. Some City fans (my family) still didn't grasp how wondrous he was after I told them and said we should get fat sam or pulis..
You clearly need to do a better job of picking your family.

I agree wholeheartedly, but that’s probably a wider point about the tabloid media in general. It’s not a new development, or specific to City, but yes football journalism in particular in this country is generally pretty poor.
It certainly has their target audience in the group marked 'die hard, argue but make no sense, never go but buy the wallpaper and duvet cover , part of the 697 million' frothing in the comments, especially with the oil comments...how they're still hurting at not getting Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.