Jack Rodwell

He did seem like a quality young player before we bought him. I do recall Notwell being hyped that summer by some relatively nonridiculous pundit as a future England Captain, etc.

Shame that we was so troubled by injuries. Seemed to legitimately be trying every possible thing to avoid them. I think he even bought a different car to try to find something that would put his leg in a healthier position or some such.

If he plays again I’d be very surprised. He’s had an awful injury record. If he can get fit (actually fit), he may still be able to carve out a decent career, championship or maybe even in Scotland, but if he’s got a Brain between his ears he’ll stay put for the next 18 months as he’ll not get near 70k a week again.

Could have been great. Wasn’t.

I wouldn’t go anywhere unless I was getting a guaranteed £70,000/wk for the next 18 months. He’ll be 28 then, and if he isn’t doing well, he will be done. £70,000/week for 78 week’s is £5,460,000. I don’t know anyone who just walks away from that kind of money, especially if they are looking at the very end of their serious earning years.

I wouldn’t go anywhere unless I was getting a guaranteed £70,000/wk for the next 18 months. He’ll be 28 then, and if he isn’t doing well, he will be done. £70,000/week for 78 week’s is £5,460,000. I don’t know anyone who just walks away from that kind of money, especially if they are looking at the very end of their serious earning years.
Minus tax I take it

He is a nice lad. Met him years ago when he was buying some property.

Feel for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.