Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it just affects Utd though. They have raised the bar now in terms of wage structure. It'll affect their players when negotiating new contracts for sure, but it also affects all the other top clubs too. Sanchez is moving because he wants (and can get) more money elsewhere. What's to stop our top players agents pointing to Sanchezs wages when negotiating new deals?

Star players want wage parity with other star players.

Txiki simply does not sign players who just have dollar signs in their eyes. We sign a specific profile of player, namely a settled family life, calm, loves the game first etc. We will not be signing anymore people who even hint towards acting like Yaya and his agent did for example.

We also pay top wages but a large chunk is incentive based, win stuff and we will fill your bank account to the brim.

Pretty sure he's not there because he turned you down chief
I understand that you don’t understand, and that is completely understandable.

He didn’t turn “me” down or anyone else, he chose money. Pep doesn’t do second chances. Sanchez agreed and changed his mind. City don’t do business like that...this isn’t 2008 or even 2011, when we felt we had to over pay for top players to get the Project going. No, this was one of the best teams in Europe seeking to add an aging, but effective, player to the young squad to help alleviate some of the stress on our one fit striker and to work with a player Pep THOUGHT he knew. The ownership knows what they will and will not pay. Can they afford anyone? Of course! But, Khaldoon isn’t about to be bent over by someone untrustworthy.

One thing that all City fans have learned is that the owners are shrewd businessmen and not to be trifled with. They don’t allow ANYONE to fuck with them, because they don’t need to. They set out to bring a Championship after 44 years and did it. They set about building the best training facility in the world and did it. They set about recruiting the best coach in the world and did it. They set about rebuilding the oldest squad in the Premier with the best young talent from around the world and did it.

I understand how frustrating it must be to be an Arsenal fan these days, especially with your best players wanting out and your manager seemingly a year or two out of date, but don’t make the mistake of mocking City for walking away from Sanchez. No one is bigger than this club today. In the past, City might have done more to get a player of Sanchez’ undoubted ability, but this isn’t the past.

Lest you missed it, City are TWENTY THREE POINTS AHEAD OF ARSENAL, with 15 games to go. Hell, you are even EIGHT POINTS AND 15 GOAL GD OUT OF A CL PLACE! So, I would worry more about why your best players want OUT so badly, not why City decided they didn’t want one of them.

The future is BLUE...the future is HERE!

Last edited:
If they wish to claim this as some "victory" as Mr woodward say's then at best, pyrrhic!
Sadly I don't see that myself the bottomline is it looks like they will end up tying up the guy Pep has chased from day one AND while playing pretty awful football the message it sands it that united can sign anyone even one coveted and with so many things favoring a move to someone else. Yes they have overspent but the massage it sands clearly they believe is worth it

I don't think it just affects Utd though. They have raised the bar now in terms of wage structure. It'll affect their players when negotiating new contracts for sure, but it also affects all the other top clubs too. Sanchez is moving because he wants (and can get) more money elsewhere. What's to stop our top players agents pointing to Sanchezs wages when negotiating new deals?

The only way they can afford it is because his transfer fee is so low though. This is an outlier. He and his agent have effectively said "you were willing to pay £60m in the summer and now it's £20m. We want the £40m difference".

Sadly I don't see that myself the bottomline is it looks like they will end up tying up the guy Pep has chased from day one AND while playing pretty awful football the message it sands it that united can sign anyone even one coveted and with so many things favoring a move to someone else. Yes they have overspent but the massage it sands clearly they believe is worth it

Send a message of desperarion to me not ambition.
If they did it to one man up us or Pep then they are sad twats.
If they did it to compete then they showed panic at not being good enough by paying over the odds.

Either way they look weak.

It is no secret if we had matched them Sanchez would becoming here, us pulling the plug and saying it was purely because of the ridiculous financial demands, coupled with Bayerns statemet make the rags look lile a pathetic shell of what they were 5-10 years ago.

They will dress it up as they want, but fans of all the other clubs are laughing at them over this.

The fact their fans are giddy fuckers over this says it all.

Biggest problem is the trickle down. Championship players wanting £75k a week, average premier league players £100k a week. Sadly, this is why most teams will be coming to City and ‘parking the bus’. If you accept that there are six clubs who probably won’t get relegated, at the minute at least, then the rest are a bit stuck. Their wage bill will be going up but the fear of relegation, and subsequent cash shortfall, plays into the attitude on the pitch.
Make no mistake, this pay packet which, if what’s reported is true, is more than Ronaldo is on. A man whose won ONE title at Barca 7 years ago, has gone to a team that has won 1 title in 6 years; he’s never been top scorer or top assist man and he’s become the 3rd highest paid player in Europe, overnight.
His wages are about to go up by £360k A WEEK. I know city, along with others, have been responsible for paying some shameful wages in the past, but this is another step on the road to madness.

I understand that you don’t understand, and that is completely understandable.

He didn’t turn “me” down or anyone else, he chose money. Pep doesn’t do second chances. Sanchez agreed and changed his mind. City don’t do business like that...this isn’t 2008 or even 2011, when we felt we had to over pay for top players to get the Project going. No, this was one of the best teams in Europe seeking to add an aging, but effective, player to the young squad to help alleviate some of the stress on our one fit striker and to work with a player Pep THOUGHT he knew. The ownership knows what they will and will not pay. Can they afford anyone? Of course! But, Khaldoon isn’t about to be bent over by someone untrustworthy.

One thing that all City fans have learned is that the owners are shrewd businessmen and not to be trifled with. They don’t allow ANYONE to fuck with them, because they don’t need to. They set out to bring a Championship after 44 years and did it. They set about building the best training facility in the world and did it. They set about recruiting the best coach in the world and did it. They set about rebuilding the oldest squad in the Premier with the best young talent from around the world and did it.

I understand how frustrating it must be to be an Arsenal fan these days, especially with your best players wanting out and your manager seemingly a year or two out of date, but don’t make the mistake of mocking City for walking away from Sanchez. No one is bigger than this club today. In the past, City might have done more to get a player of Sanchez’ undoubted ability, but this isn’t the past.

Lest you missed it, City are TWENTY THREE POINTS AHEAD OF ARSENAL, with 15 games to go. Hell, you are even EIGHT POINTS AND 15 GOAL GD OUT OF A CL PLACE! So, I would worry more about why your best players want OUT so badly, not why City decided they didn’t want one of them.

The future is BLUE...the future is HERE!
So Mr wengerswing man Stick than in your cannon an fire it. Nail on head Chicago great post

At least the whole “buying the League” nonsense is put to rest!

However, “Buying 2nd place” has a somewhat desperate ring to it! Of course, they will color this as a buy for the future, but I’m not sure how you can dress up a £180M deal for a 29 year old sulker to whom you give a contract until he is 34, unless you win lots of silverware.

It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if he didn’t fit into Mourinho’s defensive attack, quickly got pissed off by the substitutions and sitting on the bench, and became a problem. Another thing is an injury. At his age, you don’t heal nearly as quickly, nor do you have the impetus when you are minting it while sitting home with the dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.