Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that you don’t understand, and that is completely understandable.

He didn’t turn “me” down or anyone else, he chose money. Pep doesn’t do second chances. Sanchez agreed and changed his mind. City don’t do business like that...this isn’t 2008 or even 2011, when we felt we had to over pay for top players to get the Project going. No, this was one of the best teams in Europe seeking to add an aging, but effective, player to the young squad to help alleviate some of the stress on our one fit striker and to work with a player Pep THOUGHT he knew. The ownership knows what they will and will not pay. Can they afford anyone? Of course! But, Khaldoon isn’t about to be bent over by someone untrustworthy.

One thing that all City fans have learned is that the owners are shrewd businessmen and not to be trifled with. They don’t allow ANYONE to fuck with them, because they don’t need to. They set out to bring a Championship after 44 years and did it. They set about building the best training facility in the world and did it. They set about recruiting the best coach in the world and did it. They set about rebuilding the oldest squad in the Premier with the best young talent from around the world and did it.

I understand how frustrating it must be to be an Arsenal fan these days, especially with your best players wanting out and your manager seemingly a year or two out of date, but don’t make the mistake of mocking City for walking away from Sanchez. No one is bigger than this club today. In the past, City might have done more to get a player of Sanchez’ undoubted ability, but this isn’t the past.

Lest you missed it, City are TWENTY THREE POINTS AHEAD OF ARSENAL, with 15 games to go. Hell, you are even EIGHT POINTS AND 15 GOAL GD OUT OF A CL PLACE! So, I would worry more about why your best players want OUT so badly, not why City decided they didn’t want one of them.

The future is BLUE...the future is HERE!

What he said.

I understand that you don’t understand, and that is completely understandable.

He didn’t turn “me” down or anyone else, he chose money. Pep doesn’t do second chances. Sanchez agreed and changed his mind. City don’t do business like that...this isn’t 2008 or even 2011, when we felt we had to over pay for top players to get the Project going. No, this was one of the best teams in Europe seeking to add an aging, but effective, player to the young squad to help alleviate some of the stress on our one fit striker and to work with a player Pep THOUGHT he knew. The ownership knows what they will and will not pay. Can they afford anyone? Of course! But, Khaldoon isn’t about to be bent over by someone untrustworthy.

One thing that all City fans have learned is that the owners are shrewd businessmen and not to be trifled with. They don’t allow ANYONE to fuck with them, because they don’t need to. They set out to bring a Championship after 44 years and did it. They set about building the best training facility in the world and did it. They set about recruiting the best coach in the world and did it. They set about rebuilding the oldest squad in the Premier with the best young talent from around the world and did it.

I understand how frustrating it must be to be an Arsenal fan these days, especially with your best players wanting out and your manager seemingly a year or two out of date, but don’t make the mistake of mocking City for walking away from Sanchez. No one is bigger than this club today. In the past, City might have done more to get a player of Sanchez’ undoubted ability, but this isn’t the past.

Lest you missed it, City are TWENTY THREE POINTS AHEAD OF ARSENAL, with 15 games to go. Hell, you are even EIGHT POINTS AND 15 GOAL GD OUT OF A CL PLACE! So, I would worry more about why your best players want OUT so badly, not why City decided they didn’t want one of them.

The future is BLUE...the future is HERE!

Spot on this. United had a banner once. Our players make history, yours make money. Bet we don't see that one again anytime soon.

Whilst I agree with you, that the rags want Sanchez rather than want to stop us getting him, the numbers involved are somewhat bewildering if true. Why would they have to double our wage over. Surely if we were offering the reported £250/300k per week why do they have to go to £500k? Surely £350/400k is enough of a difference.

Likewise with the fee with Arsenal. We supposedly offered £20m. Why pay £30m when arsenal have no objective but to take the highest bid in the situation. Especially as Wenger seems happier with him going the rags than to us. Surely they could match our bid and the better wages would be enough?

Agent fee? We offered £5m (again conjecture) but the rags are offering £10m. Why not £6m. Surely even in an agents world £1m is a worthwhile difference.

Totally accept he is going there, totally happy with our clubs stance but something doesn’t seem right. And I fully expect any interviews to have the brief that “once United came in there was only one club for me” vibe to them and that, and this will be a lie but will be in there “could have earnt more money elsewhere”

Exactly - plus how great is the real difference ! We were willing to pay £60m laser summer - so imediately there is a contribution to wages of £30m ( if utd pay £30 m now ) worth circa £75 k per week over 4 years - plus how much are UTD getting for Mickey what's his name and shifting of their wage bill and onto Arsenal -a player they clearly don't want .

If Mickey is making up the whole £30 m in fees then that's worth £150 k per week in total salary contribution compared to the original transfers fee we were willing to offer to Sanchez( excluding Mickey's wages)m . For Utd the opportunity cost is a lot lower because it offers them the opportunity to off load a player they don't want and get a significant upgrade in the process . Fortunately City don't have anyone they want to offload at the moment . Plus what are UTD really offering Sanchez ?

You can see how important Mickey is to this deal and how he could be holding it up.

Sadly I don't see that myself the bottomline is it looks like they will end up tying up the guy Pep has chased from day one AND while playing pretty awful football the message it sands it that united can sign anyone even one coveted and with so many things favoring a move to someone else. Yes they have overspent but the massage it sands clearly they believe is worth it

I think utd will have totted it all up and commercially it will be good value for them. It does seem to tie them up a bit regarding this summer but i guess we shall see.

Your view on how utd got Sanchez i feel is something that happens on an individual basis. Look at Gabriel Jesus, Barca openly wanted him and he chose us, we never lose our best players either. If Sanchez was 25 it is perfectly possible he snubs all utds offers to go to his ideal club. As it is this is likely the last time he will hold power in any negotiations being his last big move before he winds down. Some players will want to secure their financial future, others will have the desire to continuing to test their limits (See: David Silva). He could easily have buggered of to China on some wage that would make even utd choke on their brew. So i can't agree with the "anyone" bit as everyone is different.

I think utd will have totted it all up and commercially it will be good value for them. It does seem to tie them up a bit regarding this summer but i guess we shall see.

Your view on how utd got Sanchez i feel is something that happens on an individual basis. Look at Gabriel Jesus, Barca openly wanted him and he chose us, we never lose our best players either. If Sanchez was 25 it is perfectly possible he snubs all utds offers to go to his ideal club. As it is this is likely the last time he will hold power in any negotiations being his last big move before he winds down. Some players will want to secure their financial future, others will have the desire to continuing to test their limits (See: David Silva). He could easily have buggered of to China on some wage that would make even utd choke on their brew. So i can't agree with the "anyone" bit as everyone is different.
Sorry I should have made it clear that while I think it sends the message they can sign anyone clearly even the most dominant teams can't actually do that

Can I just remind those of you who are upset about us not getting Sanchez.

How many players have we beaten United to and signed recently?

Players who had the choice to go to City or United and picked City.

Also.

We now have a massive Summer transfer war chest. The £60mill we originally saved by missing out on Sanchez. If we win the title, one or both of the domestic cups, and have a good run or win the cl, that will bring another £200mill+ into the club. We will also get rid of some more high earners. Yaya, maybe Danilo, etc. Our requirements are for an attacker, dm midfield player, and centre half. No more.

You can bet City will be going as hard as they can this Summer to sign one of the best strikers in the World. Even more so now we've missed out on Sanchez. A thought. Wouldn't it be ironic if we blew the Rags away and bought Antoine Griezmann this Summer. A player they have been linked with constantly, and a player their fans have wanted for as long as I can remember.

United may have won the Sanchez battle, but they haven't won the war that is raging on all fronts between the clubs. This Summer we will strike back.

Khaldoon, Soriano and Pep will make sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.