Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree mate, he was right. We didn't end it because of money. Ended it because him and his agent were twats. As he says, money is not an issue to us. But morals and a handshake are.

Another quote from him: "Maybe it's because there are two opportunities in Manchester and if you think you could go to one or the other, maybe one club thinks: 'I don't want him anymore'."

Exactly right. If a player isnt bothered about which club he signs for he is the definition of a mercenary and everything we have tried to disassociate ourselves from.

Whether klippity meant it as a compliment or not is for debate, but what he said was true.
bingo

So obviously lots of posts about how it's great that we've stuck to our guns, and a fair bit of support/back up
in the media for that as well it seems. And clearly it's hard to say we've done the wrong thing, if you make a deal with someone & then they suddenly move the goalposts you're not going to be happy with them.

On top of that the money touted being spent for Sanchez by United looks ridiculous.

But when all is said & done United will have ended up with one of the best players in the league who's still got a good 2-3 seasons in the tank, and they've stopped their main rival from obtaining that exact player. Whilst it's easy to laugh now, in reality if he performs as he can for them then they won't give a damn.

Sanchez is one of them players whom if available you have to go for, hard to blame United for doing that - they wanted their man & have thrown everything at it to achieve that goal successfully.

Certainly makes for an interesting story going forward, will he be a massive success, will he stunt Martial/Rashfords game time, will the money he's on create disharmony/make future transfers more difficult for them? Only time will tell.

As for Sanchez himself, is it really that easy to blame him? He has no loyalty to City/United, yes maybe some friendship to Pep but that's arguably overstated, if you're offered a vast difference in money to do a similar job in a short career I think that's hard to turn down. Yes he's likely missing out on some great trophy opportunities this season, but he'll have other seasons with United challenging for trophies & this is his last big move, he's setting himself for life with his finances.
Christ, didn't realise we were offering him the minimum wage.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp doubts Manchester City ended their pursuit of Alexis Sanchez because of money. (Independent)

Now its Klopp, few days ago it was Wenger, it seems all of them are against us.
Isn't he just saying we could have paid it if we wanted but decided to not follow up for other reasons, i.e. Sanchez/agent moving the goalposts? I'd say it was broadly supportive of us by klopp

Edit: sorry didn't see all the other replies!

Christ, didn't realise we were offering him the minimum wage.
It's all relative. Yes obviously whatever we offered was a heck of a lot of money in the real world, but when the world you live in revolves around numbers like that then perspectives will be different.

Funny how everyone says Spurs will lose their players as they're all on "only" 50-100k/week, yet somehow Sanchez should take £250k/week rather than £500k/week? Nonsense.

Rory Smith was always pretty fair when he worked for The Telegraph and Times too as far as I can recall.

Isn't he just saying we could have paid it if we wanted but decided to not follow up for other reasons, i.e. Sanchez/agent moving the goalposts? I'd say it was broadly supportive of us by klopp

Edit: sorry didn't see all the other replies!

That's exactly what he intended, but some are seeing conspiracy where there is none...and coming from me thats rich.

It's all relative. Yes obviously whatever we offered was a heck of a lot of money in the real world, but when the world you live in revolves around numbers like that then perspectives will be different.

Funny how everyone says Spurs will lose their players as they're all on "only" 50-100k/week, yet somehow Sanchez should take £250k/week rather than £500k/week? Nonsense.
Not entirely with you on the spurs thing, you're saying he was right to go for the highest offer though?

275K a week plus goal, win, trophy bonuses and image rights. Or 500K a week?

So he's rather pick up an extra 125K a week?

OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.