Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

To be fair that doesn't affect what we are seeing on the pitch.

He gets away with it most weeks but I'm terms of Champions League I'm not sure.

I know I'm being harsh Karen I just watch him in a game and cringe sometimes.

This can be said for most players in the team when it comes to challenging the elite teams. Only David Silva plays consistently at his level, whilst Fernandinho, KDB, Ederson and possibly Walker play at their level most of the time, Delph also deserves props for not even being a LB. The rest are either wasteful in attacking positions or sloppy in defense. We do have a lot of young players who are still learning though to be fair so the likes of Stones, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Jesus will continue to improve.

This can be said for most players in the team when it comes to challenging the elite teams. Only David Silva plays consistently at his level, whilst Fernandinho, KDB, Ederson and possibly Walker play at their level most of the time, Delph also deserves props for not even being a LB. The rest are either wasteful in attacking positions or sloppy in defense. We do have a lot of young players who are still learning though to be fair so the likes of Stones, Sane, Sterling, Bernardo, Jesus will continue to improve.
Good point to be fair like I say I might be being a little harsh it's just my observation watching the games I've noticed other teams are purposely targeting him as our weak link and he often obliges them with a mistake or poor positioning.

Result was the important thing,but I can’t get away from the performance’s they have dipped/changed from earlier in the season,I know teams sit deep and defend for their lives but it’s a bit pedestrian at times,not a complaint but more a worry for bigger and harder games to come,still feel a couple of new faces in the window would energise and give them a lift possibly..

We're coming into the business end of the season. Once the CL starts again and we're in both cups,
it's going to get harder. Hopefully we can recover injured players.

Thought today was pretty comfortable another 3 points and 3 goals on the totals. What's not to like.

A Good win when looking at the result but even with silva back and at his magic best the same issues are still there. Dont want to be overly critical as we won but there Seems to be a lack of intensity for most of the game, seem a bit static at times and we'll need to adapt our game a bit as we will come across that kind of defence for the rest of the season. Wouldn't go as far as to say we've been found out but teams are certainly coping with us a lot better now. Tiredness creeping in is likely a factor too. I actually think this is our slump, which is brilliant considering were still winning games. New additions would give us a timely boost right now. Special shout out to zinchenko today who was very good, wouldn't fancy him there against one of the big boys though and we will surely face them if we want to progress in the cups.

Zinchenko's passing today was exceptional. He knows where he's going to pass it before he gets it. Loved it.

A few iffy moments in the 2nd half that can be worked on but I've come away tonight believing we have a player capable of filling in until Mendy gets fit. More so than Delph.

Disagree on sterling and fern, thought they looked knackered at times, didn't help with 3 men on sterling for 75 minutes, however, top players produce when it's needed... back on track, let's put Bristol to the sword now!

one of sterlings tight turns int he second half took out 3 newcastle players in one go......

ferna looked like he was running through mud at anfield at times ....thought he was better today

be interesting to see what team he puts out against bristol....we are in the driving seat (just), one game away from a cup final but bristol will come out all guns blazing......they played very well against us at the Etihad and caused us real problems and I expect that again.....Pep will need to go full strength and maybe we will put a weaker team for the FA cup next weekend????????

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.