Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

The best I can see from the remaining pack left ( Arsenal have no chance ) is one of them finishing with 85 points.

If Spurs don't beat Manure which of course I hope they do its over for them as well.

I agree, although we might not want to admit it the Rags are the best of the following bunch, as it stands they can get a maximum of 95 points by winning every game that remain.
The have Spurs and us to play away and Chelsea and the dippers to play at home, it is quite possible that they come out of those 4 games with 4 or less points.

Glad to get the win and restore the 12 point lead as we played in fits and starts and nowhere near our usual level of fluidity. Thought Zinchenko did well until the lapse for the goal and then his confidence seemed to evaporate. I think we should be making serious attempts to buy a new LB this window. Lots of attempts on goal today but not enough on target. De Bruyne needs to work on his corners and they were all abysmal. Best moment was the third goal and the dribble and pass by Sane to Aguero. Fern and Ota our best players today.

Wonder-skill from Sane on what was otherwise a quiet game for him and City.

Huge result though. A sickener for our rivals as the blue machine marches on.

This.

A very tough game to play at our entertaining best levels, as the geordies were content to lose, and keep 11 men in their area at all times. It made for a dull watch for the most past as we probed.

Amazing third goal - Sane's dribble was out of this world. Should have scored double what we did though. Some good saves from the Newcastle keeper but overall, I thought we were very sloppy.
Stones is back to last season's model and needs to buck up pronto. Sterling was poor for the second games on the trot though he bucked up a bit in the second half.

Otamendi is proving an extremely weak link for me. He is a bag of mistakes and constantly caught out of position.

If you watch other teams against us they just try and isolate him they have clearly identified him as the weak link.

I can see why the club is looking at positionally better defenders like Evans and I'm sure others.

The errors mean that game was harder than it needed to be but we just need to dig in and get through the next few weeks and cut the silly mistakes.
Unbelievable! Totally unbelievable.

We really needed the win today and up to our 1st I was feeling anxious, great persformance from Kun of course and well done to Sterling for winning the penalty and to Sane for his Messiesque type run to assist the 3rd.
There was some doubt whether Kun actually touched the ball for his 1st, but lets face it the goalie would've had it if he hadnt been there, as it was he didnt know whether to go right or left.

Good debut for Zink.
We need imo a commanding CB, somebody who shouts, organises and is a leader, if only Vinny was fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.