Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never forget that letter.

Arsenal are so cuckolded by United I wouldn't be surprised if they lowered all of their demands to meet united's valuation and force through. Wenger admitted just how bitter he is about us recently with his money comments.

Funny how when we try to sign him, Arsenal refuse to sell then wait till the 11th hour to try to sign a player who refuses to go. Thus ruining the deal. And this was for £60Million.
That isn't incompetence, that's a "fuck you" to us.
Now in the winter Arsenal refuse to sell to us again, "we need a replacement" oh also pay us £35mil for a player with 6 months on his contract. - in jump united and swap Micky Terrapin straight for Sanchez - a transfer worth around £25mil without any additional money.

It stinks!
You have to ask just how much they are paying Micky Wheeliebin and I bet they are subsidising his wages as no way he'd agree to go for less. Especially with Mino as his agent. (Who, sidenote I see is already kicking up wage demands and the inks not even dry!)
Also still subsidising Rooney's wages, the wage bill must be phenomenal

So, it's now a straight swap, according to various briefed media outlets.

United signed Mkhitaryan for £26mill.

Arsenal were hours away from getting £60mill for Sanchez in the Summer from City

And according to reports, they wanted £35mill for Sanchez in January.

So, Sanchez's transfer fee has suddenly dropped by £9mill to £26mill.

So, who is bullshitting? Or are they both bullshitting?

And after all the bad blood that has been spilled between both clubs over the years in public, it's seems the *Yank owners of both clubs* are happy to work and deal with each other behind closed doors to keep their friendship going out of the public gaze, while Wenger once again spins more fake news in public.
Utd may have signed Mkhitaryan for £26m. I don't know what the fee was, but in today's market he'd be valued at around £30m. I don't see any evidence of collusion or Arsenal favouring Utd over City. That's just paranoia.

The surprising aspect of this deal is not the valuation of the player (remember he has weeks left on his contract and is not playing for Arsenal, and the City fee was around £20m), but the wages that Utd intend to pay and the agents fees involved.

Watching yesterday's game you could not help but compare Sanchez to Sane, Sterling and Aguero. We did the right thing. At the very best he'd have been a squad player to cover for injury to Jesus, but Utd's interest and or the limited extent of Jesus's injury killed the City deal. We should be relieved in my opinion, because when we do come to bring in a forward he can be of the calibre of a young Aguero, Sterling, Sane etc and at 29 Sanchez is already below that level and will sink further.

Can we have life long bans on anyone who calls Henrikh Mkhitaryan any of the 250 child like ways I've seen on here. Fully grown adults and all, worrying.

:)

Mirror Football‏Verified account @MirrorFootball 1h1 hour ago
1) Exclusive: Paul Pogba to demand his Manchester United wages are DOUBLED to match new arrival Alexis Sanchez https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paul-pogba-demand-manchester-united-11887025 …
And so it begins ..

giphy.gif

Also still subsidising Rooney's wages, the wage bill must be phenomenal

The problem is United can afford to do this so are perhaps either by accident or as a tactic extending our FFP limit vulnerability. Unless we and other teams match their income we cannot afford the offers they make to top players.

The problem is United can afford to do this so are perhaps either by accident or as a tactic extending our FFP limit vulnerability. Unless we and other teams match their income we cannot afford the offers they make to top players.

Try suggesting that to PSG.

Someone like David Conn, or any respected financially minded football journalist should write an article regarded the fees paid by Man Utd to agents under Mourinho.

If City had spent £60m plus on agents fees over a couple of seasons there would be investigations and calls for action / regulation. The role of agents in football for doing very little, is scandalous, and I am sure a lot of Utd fans would agree. Yes, players need representation, but why not use the PFA? So two issues there. The role of agents in general, and the specific monies paid by Man Utd to support their transfer dealing under Mourinho. With all the talk about financial fair play this is a prime candidate for regulation. It's a cosy set-up though for some very wealthy clubs though who don't mind paying an extra £15m to guarantee deals.

Maybe but the won't sweep every player up. There will be some players with morals who will want to play for the best and for Pep. Let's remember this deal wasn't about money for us, we dropped out as Sanchez moved the goalposts. If we both went in together with no history with the player I'm sure we would have offered more but maybe not the same levels united are

In as much as the rags have a plan, I think this is it. Transfer fee and wage inflation benefit them as one of the richest clubs in the world. They became dominant historically simply by pricing everyone else out of the market and I think they may be at it again having written the rules on FFP to further hamper the opposition.

Good point. A whole rash of contract extensions going through with City players now. Any offer to Sanchez would have to be consistent with deals offered to our top players. We don't know whether it was the Sanchez personal terms that killed a City deal, or the recovery of Jesus, or both. I don't particularly like all this personal criticism of Sanchez. If he and his agent can find a club willing to offer him a record wage contract then that's the responsibility of the paying club, not the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.