Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

Yep and one of them were an Ederson triple save away from a completely underserved point as instead of killing the game of at 2-0 we completely took our foot off the gas and lost our focus.
As we were at the swamp (OK double save in that case), but you aren't allowed to mention it.

As for the WWYWYWS chants, I think they started in the third minute which might be a record this season.

All things considered I think Newcastle deserve to be acknowledged for not reverting to kicking lumps out of us, as many others have done.
In fact, I was expecting them (especially Shelvey) to 'do' one of ours at any moment.

As we were at the swamp (OK double save in that case), but you aren't allowed to mention it.

As for the WWYWYWS chants, I think they started in the third minute which might be a record this season.

Noticed that about the chant as well! Obviously the Geordies don't remember when they abandoned their team in the 80's and 90's. I do.

The WWYWYWS really bugged me. NUFC got an average of 16,834 as recently as 1991, but hearing them chant it over and over brought home that some people actually believe this myth. So I've decided to re-publish on my Facebook a blog I did for MCFC a few years back. I think it's all still relevant (it was written during the 2014-15 season, hence the mention of the stand extension). Well worth reading if anyone's getting hassle of rival fans about this sort of thing. Some stats in my piece that may surprise even a few Blues:

https://www.facebook.com/GaryJames4/
I particularly liked this bit. I might use it.

"In fact, it is worth highlighting that City have never been the worst supported side in their division but Arsenal (1912-13 – average = 9,100) and Manchester United (1930-31 – average = 11,685) have."

Zinchenko impressed yesterday. Technically very good. Looks to be a great talent and n there.

Mostly positive comments about the Meerkat but for those highlighting his defensive frailties please give the lad a chance. He's 21, playing out of position and has only played a few games, he's impressed with his composure and passing abilities. In today's market already a 20m player.

And the way he conducts himself in after match interviews, it's like he's been doing it for years
Some of his passing was superb both in terms of vision and weight. Couple of balls into there box in particular. He looks like he’s really grown in confidence.

I particularly liked this bit. I might use it.

"In fact, it is worth highlighting that City have never been the worst supported side in their division but Arsenal (1912-13 – average = 9,100) and Manchester United (1930-31 – average = 11,685) have."

Although I'm not a big social media user I will definitely highlight it in response to the usual no history and no fans comments especially from both those set of bitter fans.
Thanks Gary if you don't mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.