Final Salary Pensions / Deficits / Benefits (long post)

Property or a balanced and well spread out stock portfolio.
Cheers matey, gonna have another bash at property. First one fucked up due to council reneging on agreement for access to land or possibility to purchase at a reasonable price. Tanted double the house price of me for 30ft of unused land to make a drive way. Screwed me right up that did, tossers.

Next time i'll take a lot more advice. I always thought surveyors were non jobs but they would have seen this game before probably and warned me off. I do not mind paying for my mistakes, i just do not fancy making many more like that xD

cyma-cm-352-tactical-tri-shot-shotgun-folding-stock-black-1.jpg
81FSgxv6osL._UL1500_.jpg

For anyone past the age of 55 and paying higher rate tax, pensions are a no brainer even if you invest the money in cash.

If you do it via salary sacrifice, all the better.

The death in service (and death after service to a degree) benefits are a key consideration and not listed.

The death in service (and death after service to a degree) benefits are a key consideration and not listed.
A lot of people have final salary schemes from previous employment where there is no death after service benefit.

It’s also always advisable to have separate life/cic for family protection anyway where possible.

I still remember the chap saying it now. In the early 90's a smart chap on finances made a statement that pensions will be screwed and it would start about now. Nothing i am seeing in the world is showing him to be wrong.

I have no pension tbh. I feel the urge to invest in my older years in another manner, not sure what though.
Wasn't a chap called Maxwell, was it?

When all that kicked off, I remember thinking how risky final salary pensions could be and decided to mitigate the risk by ensuring I'd always have a separate personal pension. It's still the best savings plan for the majority, I reckon.

Wasn't a chap called Maxwell, was it?

When all that kicked off, I remember thinking how risky final salary pensions could be and decided to mitigate the risk by ensuring I'd always have a separate personal pension. It's still the best savings plan for the majority, I reckon.
Yep very true.

Can I also just remind every that the PPF is in place to stop another Maxwell ruining people’s lives as well.

So you do 30 years in a 60th final salary scheme and end up with 1/2 your final salary as a pension, with the state pension on top. Happy days for those on such a scheme.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.