Newcastle (H) Post Match Thread

Zinchenko was outstanding in the 1st 45 & wasn't to bad in the 2nd. There goal caught him out but also the other 10 players out + Ederson normally stops them. Gave a few bad balls in the period after Newcastle scored but his overall game was very good.

KDB wasn't his normal self yesterday but that's ok if Dave is back playing he is the difference in our side you certainly know when he ain't on the pitch.

Aguero won me some money even though I don't think he touched the 1st??????

Those two hairs sticking up above the rest got him the first. We've been offside a time or two this season with a couple of hairs ahead of the last man, so we can clearly score with them.

It’s amazing to see criticism of Zinchenko on these pages.
Particularly as it was his first ever start in a PL game, and he's just turned 21.

As regards his pace, only once yesterday was he forced to use it, when he lost his man for the goal, and gave him a 5 yard start, but he nearly caught him by the edge of the box, but he couldn't challenge (from behind) or it would have been a penalty and/or a red card.

I thought he had a good game, and will only benefit from playing more regularly, he's a neat and tidy player, who rarely looks pressured.

He is 21, not a regular of the team and playing out of position. The last person who should be criticised is him.

If there is to be any criticism it has to be of the recruitment.

I wouldn't say pace is one of his strengths at all.
He was outrun by a pretty quick winger who got the jump on him. He had to turn and nearly caught up with him.
He may not be a Kyle Walker but I don’t think he is short of pace.
Let’s face it, the likes of Kolarov wouldn’t even have tried to get back....

He was outrun by a pretty quick winger who got the jump on him. He had to turn and nearly caught up with him.
He may not be a Kyle Walker but I don’t think he is short of pace.
Let’s face it, the likes of Kolarov wouldn’t even have tried to get back....
I think his pace is a major issue, but he is a talent, looks streets ahead of anything coming through that I’ve seen.

On the replay they showed on NBC it was clear his hair moved. No idea if his head hit it, but his hair 100% did.
On one of the replays it definitely looked like a deflection without which it may have gone wide.

Zinchenko was outstanding.

Technically superb, I felt he offered just as much as Delph does.

If anything, he makes that Silva Sane combo work even better.
I also liked the way when balls where whipped over to him his first touch to control was spot on. Only on blue moon could a lad be fucking criticized.

There were a few occasions where I couldn’t tell the difference between Zinchenko and KDB, some of his passing and touches were superb.
There’s a good reason he’s starting ahead of Danilo, great game from the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.