Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're top of the league by 12 points. We're not "pretty good".
I think the only legitimate questions are whether they are better than what we have. Maguire is better than Mangala. That means it's a plus for us.

I think the only legitimate questions are whether they are better than what we have. Maguire is better than Mangala. That means it's a plus for us.

Wrong question. The question is "who's the best player out there who's better than Mangala? Sign the best available". If it's such a pressing issue, why can't we just give WBA £5m, loan Evans till the end of the season and loan them Mangala, and then we can buy two proper cbs in the summer.

Seems a waste of money to me. We've done ok so far without another centre back. If we need another we should buy one in summer who's better than Otamendi, not a shit 30 year old slow one for half what a decent one would cost. Rather get someone to let Dinho have a rest sometimes, or to share the goalscoring burden with Kun.

Seems a waste of money to me. We've done ok so far without another centre back. If we need another we should buy one in summer who's better than Otamendi, not a shit 30 year old slow one for half what a decent one would cost. Rather get someone to let Dinho have a rest sometimes, or to share the goalscoring burden with Kun.

Serious question: w out there is better than Otamendi and realistically signable?

Wrong question. The question is "who's the best player out there who's better than Mangala? Sign the best available". If it's such a pressing issue, why can't we just give WBA £5m, loan Evans till the end of the season and loan them Mangala, and then we can buy two proper cbs in the summer.
£23.5m for Evans is a massive sum. Why not pay the £28.5m buy out for Inego Martinez from Real Sociadad and get a CH who we know can play possession football and Left back?

Last edited:
If signed it shows a massive lack of imagination by the club.

Centre Back signings is where the club has fallen down all decade - we don't give Savic and Boateng much game time, and spend stupid amount on Stones, Mangala and Oto.

Evans was woeful against us earlier this season, with some very poor park football clearances, and there is no way he would fit in properly. 1-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.