Fred(Signed for United)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye and that's what I'm replying to so doesn't matter how Bakayoko affects the game on the floor, he's a bigger lad who plays alongside Kante plus Chelsea play a back 5 so they have enough players who can get a head on the ball. I don't think Chelsea's form has anything to do with Kantes lack of height being exposed because they have !more height than we do.

Yeah, they have a lot of height in their team wow.

Re Hazard, I watched him before he came to PL. A lot of people might think I am bonkers to say this but my theory as to why he falls often is that he does it to protect himself from ACL/PCL injuries. He has stated he likes to feel contact with the defender - but then as soon as they touch him down he goes - which stops defenders going through the back of his knee.

I think it's because he's a diving little shit.

Ye and that's what I'm replying to so doesn't matter how Bakayoko affects the game on the floor, he's a bigger lad who plays alongside Kante plus Chelsea play a back 5 so they have enough players who can get a head on the ball. I don't think Chelsea's form has anything to do with Kantes lack of height being exposed because they have !more height than we do.
I find the idea that you can target a talented short player in midfield with high balls quite amusing.

This is neither an effective strategy nor a serious enough issue to give sincere considerations to.

Re Hazard, I watched him before he came to PL. A lot of people might think I am bonkers to say this but my theory as to why he falls often is that he does it to protect himself from ACL/PCL injuries. He has stated he likes to feel contact with the defender - but then as soon as they touch him down he goes - which stops defenders going through the back of his knee.
No he doesn't,he is one of the worse divers the prem has ever had,he is very subtle but the hook of his leg around the defender to ensure contact is his trademark,if he is trying to avoid injury he wouldn't risk getting his leg twisted up with another player

I find the idea that you can target a talented short player in midfield with high balls quite amusing.

This is neither an effective strategy nor a serious enough issue to give sincere considerations to.

Well, it isn't as simple as that really. Watch the way Liverpool played against us at their place. It's the idea of fighting for second balls, or something very close to that.

If there's something I've learned from watching the PL, it is that it is very similar to the derivatives markets in that there's no "free lunch", there's no arbitrage because as soon as any hint of weakness is exposed in an area within a team, be it height or technical deficiency etc, it's pounced upon quickly and then targeted by the next opponent and the next and the next, so yes, what you may think is not effective may be very effective indeed.

No he doesn't,he is one of the worse divers the prem has ever had,he is very subtle but the hook of his leg around the defender to ensure contact is his trademark,if he is trying to avoid injury he wouldn't risk getting his leg twisted up with another player

I will have to look carefully next time. It is true that his profile is always the same against the defender before he goes down.

Well, it isn't as simple as that really. Watch the way Liverpool played against us at their place. It's the idea of fighting for second balls, or something very close to that.

If there's something I've learned from watching the PL, it is that it is very similar to the derivatives markets in that there's no "free lunch", there's no arbitrage because as soon as any hint of weakness is exposed in an area within a team, be it height or technical deficiency etc, it's pounced upon quickly and then targeted by the next opponent and the next and the next, so yes, what you may think is not effective may be very effective indeed.

A great point well said.

If you watch when Chelsea are under pressure, and the ball goes to Hazard, he goes down almost ever time he is tackled. He did it at the Etihad last season quite a few times when we were on top and Luiz had just escaped being sent off. It is a ploy by Hazard designed to slow the play and momentum of the opposition down, giving Chelsea a chance to reform .

He looks for the tackle and takes a fall when it suits the team for him to do so. With his fantastic control, he regularly manages to evade such tackles when Chelsea are in a good offensive position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.