Premier League Games 20/21/22 Jan

The commentator said a few minutes ago “what I like about Alli is that he never hides, even when things are not going his way he never hides.”

Come again?

Missed the opening 30 mins. Friend really is a spineless twunt, and Spuds are catching the Rags in terms of loathsomeness

I’ve been pontificating about this very thing for some time. He just is not as good as the media or he thinks he is. He probably has the talent to get close to that expectation, but he lacks the grit to reach it.

It’s disappointing from a pure football (and English talent) perspective.
Glad it is not just me then and others see it to. I agree he physically can do it as he does in flashes. I do not see him ever having the mentality or as you note, the grit to get to the top.

Glad it is not just me then and others see it to. I agree he physically can do it as he does in flashes. I do not see him ever having the mentality or as you note, the grit to get to the top.
Whenever I talk to my mates who support Spurs, I always say that if you took Alli’s natural talent and gave it to Zab (or Zab’s mentality to Alli), you’d have the best midfielder in the world.

That’s what is missing for most english players now: we don’t have many players with both talent and grit (only one or the other).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.