Singing section/Atmosphere

I bet half of the moaning fuckers don't even go to the match, it is all about how we look and sound on telly!

I was there Saturday and thought it was a great atmosphere and we played well. The young lad Zinchenko had a great game. Yes he was caught out on the goal but so was everyone else. I come home and all I read is so called blues slagging him off and the usual boring shit about the lack of singing/atmosphere yet again. I sometimes wonder if we are mid table or fighting relegation, dodging dog turds near the kippax and getting piss wet through in the Gene Kelly stand, watching crap football, rather than 12 points clear at the top!
Well said sir. The negativity on here is far worse than anything at the games

Well said sir. The negativity on here is far worse than anything at the games

I think a lot of football fans probably moan a lot and think the next disaster is around the corner. Given our history us more than most, I am pessimistic myself at times but some of the shit I have read after Saturday is ridiculous.

I'm in 121 this season.. it's a bit dead but then again the whole stadium seems to be these days. Anyone near me see that foreign dude trying to get some weird chant going last night? I think he was singing "We are top of the league" but it had no obvious tune to it.. and most the fans around him were just looking bemused. Of course the stewards stepped in eventually and told him to calm it down.

I bet half of the moaning fuckers don't even go to the match, it is all about how we look and sound on telly!

I was there Saturday and thought it was a great atmosphere and we played well. The young lad Zinchenko had a great game. Yes he was caught out on the goal but so was everyone else. I come home and all I read is so called blues slagging him off and the usual boring shit about the lack of singing/atmosphere yet again. I sometimes wonder if we are mid table or fighting relegation, dodging dog turds near the kippax and getting piss wet through in the Gene Kelly stand, watching crap football, rather than 12 points clear at the top!

I agree Paul. All I would add regarding the Newcastle goal is that it was more the high defensive line that was found wanting rather than Zinchenko. We rely on pressing the option and forcing them to rush passes and on this occasion the Newcastle player had the space and time to play a great ball.

I'm in 121 this season.. it's a bit dead but then again the whole stadium seems to be these days. Anyone near me see that foreign dude trying to get some weird chant going last night? I think he was singing "We are top of the league" but it had no obvious tune to it.. and most the fans around him were just looking bemused. Of course the stewards stepped in eventually and told him to calm it down.

Yes mate. I think the Russian guy was on the right lines even if he wasn’t in tune.

Yes mate. I think the Russian guy was on the right lines even if he wasn’t in tune.

Yep true, I felt a little sorry for him.. he looked a little deflated at the fact nobody was joining in. I commented to the fans around me "Doesn't he know we don't sing in this stadium?" I don't really know what happened to the atmosphere in the stadium, I know it was a lot better when we were going for the league under Bob - and that was with less fans in the ground. I think we've fucked up with this offering fans the incentive to move to the 3rd tier of the South Stand by making it cheaper. I was in block 116 for years and for me that was the only bit that sang properly.. now even that section appears quiet. Too many fans moved up to the third tier.. so it broke up the effective 'singing section'.

Yep true, I felt a little sorry for him.. he looked a little deflated at the fact nobody was joining in. I commented to the fans around me "Doesn't he know we don't sing in this stadium?" I don't really know what happened to the atmosphere in the stadium, I know it was a lot better when we were going for the league under Bob - and that was with less fans in the ground. I think we've fucked up with this offering fans the incentive to move to the 3rd tier of the South Stand by making it cheaper. I was in block 116 for years and for me that was the only bit that sang properly.. now even that section appears quiet. Too many fans moved up to the third tier.. so it broke up the effective 'singing section'.

Yes mate. I think some who sang moved for cheaper tickets in the 3rd tier. Another issue is that some people with plenty of cash bout Tickets in SS3 and pitch up for the occasional game. It’s no big deal to them to pitch up for half a dozen games at an average price of £50

That said, it doesn’t explain why more Blues don’t join in with the singing. I think a lot of people have lost their passion over the decades but are still loyal to come to the games.

Yes mate. I think some who sang moved for cheaper tickets in the 3rd tier. Another issue is that some people with plenty of cash bout Tickets in SS3 and pitch up for the occasional game. It’s no big deal to them to pitch up for half a dozen games at an average price of £50

That said, it doesn’t explain why more Blues don’t join in with the singing. I think a lot of people have lost their passion over the decades but are still loyal to come to the games.
You know what the real issue is ?

People are too engaged in watching the fantastic football we are playing, when we were shite we had nothing better to do.

That said, I don't remember the atmosphere being that fantastic under Pearce, nor under Alan Ball/Frank Clarke, or even the early part of Joe Royle.

People are too engaged in watching the fantastic football we are playing, when we were shite we had nothing better to do.

That said, I don't remember the atmosphere being that fantastic under Pearce, nor under Alan Ball/Frank Clarke, or even the early part of Joe Royle.

It wasn’t.

It wasn’t that good then either mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.