Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to end in 2016? Anything during the presidency?

I don't agree with everything he says, but don't see it as an issue for people in the UK who the USA choose as their president. I wouldn't like to hear them say 'oh Theresa May isn't welcome here' because it would be an insult to us and a vote carried out by the British people
So you think that people who supported Hitler are okay as long as they didn't support the Holocaust? It's actually quite simple, if somebody is a racist and you vote for that person and then continue to defend that person they you are also a racist.

well I still like the guy, he was always a shoe in for president and he will win a second term if the American people are lucky
Don't worry, you're not alone. There's plenty of people like you who don't mind the lies, hypocrisy, racism, misogyny and general stupidity and justify this attitude by saying he's no worse than other politicians. They will ignore the allegations of money laundering, sex offending and other alleged criminal activity whatever the evidence is, because he's sticking it to the so called "liberal elite" (whoever they are).

There seems to be three types of Trump supporter; the very rich who don't have a conscience who will benefit from his giveaways, the people who agree with his sexist, racist views and the terminally stupid. As there are a limited number of billionaires it's scary to think that over 30% of the population of the USA are racists or fucking idiots. Sadly I don't think the US is unique, the same probably applies to most countries.

There seems to be three types of Trump supporter; the very rich who don't have a conscience who will benefit from his giveaways, the people who agree with his sexist, racist views and the terminally stupid. As there are a limited number of billionaires it's scary to think that over 30% of the population of the USA are racists or fucking idiots. Sadly I don't think the US is unique, the same probably applies to most countries.

I feel your assumption may be well off the mark. I think a lot of Americans don't actually support Trump, but just have a greater fear of the opposition. Ideals & values they hold dear like freedom of speech, guns laws etc are felt to be under threat to them therefore their voting goes more to opposing things than actually supporting something.
In essence, it's akin to the USA in World War 2 supporting Stalin to defeat Hitler; they were both known as being bad just one was considered a lot worse than the other.

I feel your assumption may be well off the mark. I think a lot of Americans don't actually support Trump, but just have a greater fear of the opposition. Ideals & values they hold dear like freedom of speech, guns laws etc are felt to be under threat to them therefore their voting goes more to opposing things than actually supporting something.
In essence, it's akin to the USA in World War 2 supporting Stalin to defeat Hitler; they were both known as being bad just one was considered a lot worse than the other.
If they think that Trump stands for freedom of speech then they most definitely are fucking idiots. His constant attacks on the free press when they don't report his version of the "facts" is there for all to see. As for gun laws, if they weren't stupid they'd know that no government, Democrat or Republican, could make any significant changes to gun laws anyway, and any suggestion from Democrats that prevents the mentally ill obtaining firearms can't be such a bad thing. Your Stalin/Hitler analogy is about as misinformed as it's possible to be. The USA was attacked by Japan which was a German ally and that's what brought them into the war. They were allies with the Soviet Union because they had a common enemy not because they liked each other or particularly wanted to help each other. On the other hand Trump's supporters love him.

If they think that Trump stands for freedom of speech then they most definitely are fucking idiots. His constant attacks on the free press when they don't report his version of the "facts" is there for all to see.

But that's the point i'm trying to make. They don't recognise Trump as standing for anything in particular, including Free speech, it's just they see that if the opposition was in power then they would be a threat to free speech.

As for gun laws, if they weren't stupid they'd know that no government, Democrat or Republican, could make any significant changes to gun laws anyway, and any suggestion from Democrats that prevents the mentally ill obtaining firearms can't be such a bad thing.

Under Obama, gun laws were amended in quite a number of states. Perhaps people viewed this as the start point of a very big wedge. The right to bear arms is part of the constitution, and if the opposition was in power they could foresee incremental changes to laws overtime which would remove one of the fundamental tenets of that constitution. Something that has been valued as part of their country for the last few hundred years.

Your Stalin/Hitler analogy is about as misinformed as it's possible to be. The USA was attacked by Japan which was a German ally and that's what brought them into the war. They were allies with the Soviet Union because they had a common enemy not because they liked each other or particularly wanted to help each other. On the other hand Trump's supporters love him.
Again you totally miss the point. By not having the Democrats in power they see it less as threat to values & ideals they believe in.
By voting Trump it's more a case of keeping the opposition out of power rather than putting him into it.

well I still like the guy, he was always a shoe in for president and he will win a second term if the American people are lucky
HAHA, good stuff...but we all knew you were a supporter when you could not spell “shoo-in” and you underlined American, as if anyone else could be so lucky to have him. In case you missed it, the majority of Americans didn’t want him the first time around, and about 80,000 people in the hinterlands came out from their Doomsday bunkers to vote for him and turned the Electoral College in his favor.

As for your “reasoning,” I would venture the fact that he is not a politician is never a good thing when you run for the highest political office in the land by lying to people and feeding their inner demons. Not to worry, though, looks like one of his inner demons is going to get him...

Eric Trump...the dumber of the two brothers...recently stated his father couldn’t be racist because the only color he sees is.....GREEN!

And where does he get and wash that green, and who else’s green does he help wash??? RUSSIA!

But that's the point i'm trying to make. They don't recognise Trump as standing for anything in particular, including Free speech, it's just they see that if the opposition was in power then they would be a threat to free speech.
Sorry that's just bollocks. Trump was attacking the free press right through his campaign and has stepped it up since his election. If those that voted for him were worried about free speech, firstly they wouldn't have voted for him and secondly he would have lost their support when he continued his Fake News agenda. However his core support of about 35% has barely changed. He's lost about 10% since the election but they aren't his core.

Under Obama, gun laws were amended in quite a number of states. Perhaps people viewed this as the start point of a very big wedge. The right to bear arms is part of the constitution, and if the opposition was in power they could foresee incremental changes to laws overtime which would remove one of the fundamental tenets of that constitution. Something that has been valued as part of their country for the last few hundred years.
That might be true if any Democrat had ever said that they wanted to get rid of the second amendment. Stupid people just believed the NRA and Trump's bare faced lies.

Again you totally miss the point. By not having the Democrats in power they see it less as threat to values & ideals they believe in.
By voting Trump it's more a case of keeping the opposition out of power rather than putting him into it.
So what's that to do with siding with Stalin because the USA was attacked by Hitler's ally?

Ok, gonna have to throw the bullshit flag in your face there!

I point you to the two separate issues you are not only conflating, but completely wrong about!

Obama...states. Federal...State. If you understood the Constitution, that would be a glaring mistake to you, but you just upped and ran with it...even though States EXPANDED the carrying of guns. In fact, Chicago and more broadly Illinois (where I live) actually finally relented and WAS FORCED TO allow the Concealed Carry and ownership of guns because of 2A. That all happened IN OBAMA’S HOME STATE ON HIS WATCH! And, don’t get me wrong in thinking he was jumping with glee. I’m sure he wasn’t, but he didn’t...nor can he...lift a finger to curtail 2A.

Under Obama, gun ownership DRAMATICALLY INCREASED! Why? Because the right saw him as the suitable “evil” to spur on their customers and their paymaster’s agenda. The NRA isn’t just funded by right wing zealots who don’t understand that the 2A is safe as safe could be and is going nowhere, but by the gun lobby, manufacturers.....and, oh yeah, RUSSIA!!!

You are welcome to your opinions on Obama and Trump and guns, but don’t stray into the Trumpian World of pulling facts out of your arse, especially with card-carrying gun owners who NEED to know the laws.

I don't think this is so much the issue. Americans and politicians put party over country all the time. The new way is too many making their hatred of others who are different the key driver and centerpiece of their decision-making process about America's future. That is far worse. That is truly anti-American. And, to be fair, both sides are doing it, albeit to different degrees and regarding different elements of "difference." It feeds on itself.
Could you point out how the Democratic Party is included in your statement “too many making their hatred of others who are different the key driver and centerpiece of their decision-making process about America's future.”

I only ask because you said, “to be fair, both sides are doing it,” and I would just like to know which “different” people Democrats are “hating” and making “the key driver and centerpiece of their of their decision-making process about America’s future.”

To be certain, I see lots of hatred, but I’m struggling with seeing how supporting DACA, something the Patron Saint of Republicans, Ronald Reagan, would have been all in favor of, especially considering he was the King of Amnesty, I somehow painting Democrats as “hatred of others who are different.”

Or, maybe you are talking about Muslims? If so, please show me the Democratic hatred of that group....or ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE, as espoused by their “decision-making process about America’s future.”

Thanks, because I’m just not seeing any of it from one side, while the other is raising millions of dollars by promoting their hatred, even if they couch it is slightly more palatable terms for their base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.