Manuel Pellegrini interview

Manuel never gets the credit he deserves for 2014. With 156 goals we were the highest scoring team in all competitions in the history of English football. We were the second highest in European football history (beaten only by Barca). It's bizarre when you cosider the media debate this season that we can't call ourselves "great" yet (despite winning five major trophies since 2012). Our current team is unlikely to beat the goals record of 2014 despite its brilliance. Apart from Pearce I would argue that we have been a hugely entertaining team since Keegan and Royle.
We've been hugely entertaining for over 4 decades. More often than not, though, the opposition fans found it entertaining!

Always grateful to Pellegrini for the trophies and especially that first season.
However, there’s a bit of rose tinted hindsight going on here in my view.
We stagnated to a large degree in his last 2 years
1. Scraped CL in 4th so Pep had to start last season early
2. For many games left Fernandinho on his own as Toure wasn’t suitable for a 2 man midfield
3. Football at times was great but at other times stale
4. Didn’t sort the full backs out (Txiki to blame?) but importantly didn’t give the youngsters a chance - at long last Pep is doing this and lo and behold, they’re not bad

So yes very decent and classy man. Will go down as an important part of our history but those last 2 years were a bit disappointing

Always grateful to Pellegrini for the trophies and especially that first season.
However, there’s a bit of rose tinted hindsight going on here in my view.
We stagnated to a large degree in his last 2 years
1. Scraped CL in 4th so Pep had to start last season early
2. For many games left Fernandinho on his own as Toure wasn’t suitable for a 2 man midfield
3. Football at times was great but at other times stale
4. Didn’t sort the full backs out (Txiki to blame?) but importantly didn’t give the youngsters a chance - at long last Pep is doing this and lo and behold, they’re not bad

So yes very decent and classy man. Will go down as an important part of our history but those last 2 years were a bit disappointing
great first year,downhill from there

Seen numerous cliques (particularly online) who wouldn’t back him yet pined for Mancini.

Always found Manuel Pellegrini a gent and loved the attaching football. Three trophies and a Champions League Semi. Achievements!

aid278241-v4-728px-Bait-a-Worm-Step-2.jpg

Pep’s first season and subsequent improvement with investment shows how well Pellegrini did with an aging and injury-battered team.

100% this.

It always amazed,angered,and frustrated me in equal measure how so many on here showed nothing but outright hatred for the man. Some of the filth posted about him on here was nothing short of a disgrace. (“Fucking corpse”, “senile old ****” every week). There was even a thread started before the players had finished their lap of honour after his second league cup triumph slagging him off unmercifully for picking the goalkeeper that won is the cup in the shoot out. Slagging one of our managers off for picking a team that won a major cup as a direct and unarguable result of his team selection. Sorry for the rant, I’m afraid some buried anger of mine has spurted to the surface again.

Until the ended of this season this true gentleman is our greatest manager of the modern (1980’s onwards) era.

A bona fide City legend.

Glad to see that he is still held in high regard after by most fans after some of the stuff he copped by some in his last season. Any manager who wins a single trophy, let alone a double will always be a legend to me.

Showed that you can be a top manager at the biggest clubs while still being respectful to our rivals and not try to create headlines.

His first season was the best football ive ever seen us play up until this year

Seemed like a nice fella and we had a belting first season with him with some fantastic football and excitement. Winning a double, and in the way we did with 156 goals, was a remarkable achievement. I also liked how he dealt with arseholes like Mourinho and Pardew with class and dignity when i'd have laid the pair of the ****s out.

But from then on it went on a downward spiral where i felt by the third season the players were allowed to get so unfit they couldn't play quick attacking football anymore and we just folded. Come the end they weren't buying into his ways and it seemed like some had stopped playing for him. From playing some of the best football i've ever seen in the first season, by the third, we were playing the worst football since Pearce was here. With him not doing much about any of that he'd lost the fans too and that's why (as well as it taking ages to come out at the end) very few stayed to see him off after that final game. His nice personality which was a big plus after Mancini left which was so great at the start was his downfall come the end.

Good to see he has good things to say about us though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.