Pictures of City and United fans from the 70's

img_7226.jpg
Fuck me.

There’s proof De Donuts dad is a rag!

These are brilliant: https://britishculturearchive.co.uk...ester-united-city-fans-during-the-late-1970s/

From the website:

"These photos by the late photographer Iain S. P. Reid about a year ago or so. Not much is known about Iain except that he was a photographer with a special love for Manchester and the Highlands and Islands of Scotland, who sadly passed away in 2000. The photos date from around 1977 and feature mainly young fans attending home matches at Old Trafford and Maine Road....The majority of Iain’s images have not been seen by many, hopefully they can now be appreciated by a wider audience."
Iain was actually Nicky Reid's Dad.
Photography was one of his big loves.
He had a printing firm in Chorlton which he ran with his other sons . One of them, Andy had a stint at Altrincham and marked Klinsmann in an FA Cup game v Spurs.

Omg the flares. Amazing photos
If you went out on a windy day, you'd end up in a different postcode. Ah; those were the days. Flares, platform soles, tank tops, shirts with collars like a delta wing aircraft, scarves tied to your wrist or hanging off your belt, jumpers for goalposts. Marvellous, isn't it?

Brilliant find OP. Takes me back. Can still taste those hamburgers featured in some of the pics. H&S,Food Hygiene Certificates? None of that namby pamby stuff then! The demographic of the fans in the pics is so different from today. How young they all looked. I got my first ST for the Kippax as a junior in 74-75 season when I was 13,and iirc it cost my dear old mum £5! I went with my cousin and our mates. I now take my grandson who's 15 and there's no way my daughter would let him go on his own with his mates. Which is a shame really as apart from the odd occasion nowadays it was a lot more hair raising experience going to matches home or away in those days. Didn't see myself on any of the pics. Obviously the photographer didn't consider me photogenic enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.