City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Are you ok?

I never claimed to know FFP inside out. But I’m interested to listen to those who do and learn.

From what i can remember FFP was brought in to stop clubs spending more than they make? But since then it’s all been a bit of a disaster? Is that right?

Why are you getting so offensive?

It was fine. We were fine. It was eventually sorted out. All clubs eventually agreed. Or were forced to agree. Some clubs were fined. Some of that fine money went straight to the richest football clubs in Europe. Then the big Italian clubs who needed money and had Chinese owners in place went to UEFA and pleaded, begged and cried to UEFA to change and relax the FFP rules. UEFA agreed. FFP died as UEFA created it.

TBF LFC did well via the Moores Family and Littlewoods for years. Just like Juventus and Fiat. And AC Milan and Berlusconi. We won't mention Real Madrid, Franco, the Spanish Government, the Madrid Council, or the Spanish Banks. We won't mention Barcelona, the Catalan Government, and the Catalan Banks. We won't mention United, the Glazers, Delaware and the Cayman Islands. Tax havens. We won't mention Bayern and their corrupt President Uli Hoeneß or the corrupt Franz Beckenbeur. We won't mention UEFA, their corrupt President Michel Platini, and their corrupt practices. We won't mention United, Liverpool and Arsenal stopping away money going to the away clubs. We won't mention United, Liverpool and Arsenal carving up the Sky Sports Football money for themselves when football began again in 1993. Would you like me to carry on?

It was fine. We were fine. It was eventually sorted out. All clubs eventually agreed. Or were forced to agree. Some clubs were fined. Some of that fine money went straight to the richest football clubs in Europe. Then the big Italian clubs who needed money and had Chinese owners in place went to UEFA and pleaded, begged and cried to UEFA to change and relax the FFP rules. UEFA agreed. FFP died as UEFA created it.

TBF LFC did well via the Moores Family and Littlewoods for years. Just like Juventus and Fiat. And AC Milan and Berlusconi. We won't mention Real Madrid, Franco, the Spanish Government, the Madrid Council, or the Spanish Banks. We won't mention Barcelona, the Catalan Government, and the Catalan Banks. We won't mention United, the Glazers, Delaware and the Cayman Islands. Tax havens. We won't mention Bayern and their corrupt President Uli Hoeneß or the corrupt Franz Beckenbeur. We won't mention UEFA, their corrupt President Michel Platini, and their corrupt practices. We won't mention United, Liverpool and Arsenal stopping away money going to the away clubs. We won't mention United, Liverpool and Arsenal carving up the Sky Sports Football money for themselves when football began again in 1993. Would you like me to carry on?

He and others only think FFP is a bit of a disaster...because it hasn't stopped City

I think LFC-fans is saying we spend more than we make...like most fans of other clubs and the media they think we are using loopholes
to get around FFP rules
It's called employing smart people and doing things that the dullards of UEFA never thought of.

I await Spurs reaction when they realise they will lose Kane to Real Madrid for only €100m

It's called employing smart people and doing things that the dullards of UEFA never thought of.

I await Spurs reaction when they realise they will lose Kane to Real Madrid for only €100m

I don't think fans of other clubs know how much money we do make...more than most of them realize

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

Reckon it wont be long before either City or PGS find a loophole in this I'm sure.

You're damn right baby.
gNa6J_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif

Perhaps I'm over simplifying things, but would we not benefit more than most from this? We're already one of the best teams in Europe and miles ahead in England. It would effectively make it more difficult for the teams below us to bridge the gap.

This won't happen anyway. Can't see any English team other than Arsenal agreeing to this. I'm struggling to understand why Real are pushing for this considering the rebuild they're going to need.

I think we’d release the legal hounds this time if anyone tried to piss our business model around. Tie them up in courts for years.

The difference between this set of rules and the last one is that Gill and the rest of the cartel have had years to pore over our business model in great detail. That's the business model Khaldoon was talking about in the end of year review when he talked about taking the pinch. Consequently, they are in a position to identify the successful elements of that business model unique to City and eliminate them, nullify previous investment and prevent further investment.

Our academy is gaining a reputation as the best in Europe so that is one area they were always going to attack. Stopping the loaning of youngsters is a headline, but I expect the small print to nullify the educational opportunities clubs can offer and limit the number of overseas youngsters even further as well as tightening up the movement of youngsters from one academy to another.

Secondly, the CFG model is unique. They will introduce all sorts of regulations concerning transfers between group clubs in order to eliminate Aaron Mooy type deals. We will be the only club affected. I suspect that our arrangement with Girona will somehow be targeted too.

As for "related parties". Whilst much sense is written about the accounting definition of "related parties", who says that the definition of "related parties" in uefa rules has to be the same as those in accounting rules ? They can, and will, define it in any way they choose. Recently, I'm hearing the phrase "clubs backed by nation states". It seems to be a favourite of Wenger whose own club are a prime mover in introducing rules to stop us. My guess is that a new definition of related parties will be very carefully framed to target Etihad whilst ensuring that Emirates backed Arsenal continue to flourish in the Emirates cup. I would hope that that's a relatively easy one to overcome for our owners but it's a problem we shouldn't have.

As for limiting transfer fees. These are so complicated by the detail that there would need to be a whole raft of minor regulations to define what constitutes a transfer fee. Are agents fees included ? Are image rights included ? The latter is a major earner for the individual player and I dare say image rights are more valuable if you play for a club whose players are constantly "product placed" by the major tv companies and their employees.

I really hope our owners knew this was coming because it was inevitable once FFP1 didn't stop us.

It just sounds like a way to try lower the transfer prices to me.
This is certainly one if the objectives - especially for the better players.
I await the reaction of the club's that rely on transfer revenue as their budiness model. I also await the reaction of players - especially those in La Liga where local law dictates that every contract has to have a buy out clause. Certain players will now never be able to move as a result and it will make movement for many very difficult - especially as one transfer can result in many others.
The reaction of Abramovich will be interesting too when he realises the other G14 menbers have stabbed him in the back.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.