City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Not a system I would view with any relish, as I would be punished on the grounds of geographical circumstance. I’ve been going to about 75% of games home and away for over 30 years, but thanks to TV things like midweekers are nigh on impossible for me. My contention would be that the club was happy enough for me to buy a season card when we were effing shite and they needed all the support they could get, so why the hell should I have it taken off me now. Loyalty cuts both ways
On the contrary, your support should be valued as much as everyone else's but on the odd occasion you can't make the match (for whatever reason) someone else should have the option to take your seat, as long as your seat is used you don't get penalised.

I know for a fact there's people out there that hold a SC that don't make any effort for someone else to have their seat when they don't go, it's not a dig at anyone's loyalty it's just a system that both parties would benefit from if such an occasion would arise?

The first person I asked in the pub took my SC for free for Burnley and Bristol City. He’ll buy me beer when we next see each other. I just wanted the seat filled given my cup scheme membership had paid for the tickets.
Fair play and exactly how it should be, if you can't go then give someone else the option to attend.

Five empty seats in a modern stadium stands out a mile. MOTD etc must have their cameras on a landscape setting - maybe it depends on where the cameras are. At the Hemorrhoids and Anfield stadiums there seems to be more of a close up view of the play with less focus on the crowd. But when the camera does pan to the crowd at the Hemorrhoids, you always see what looks like loads of empty seats. Same at the Old Toilet. Seats more tightly packed at Anfield so empty seats not as noticeable. Very noticeable that there's always loads of empty seats at West Ham. However, us, Arsenal, Liverpool, West Ham, Manure and others have something like at least a 98% attendance to capacity ratio. It must be a solvable problem - even though the problem looks worse on TV at our place than it actually is.

In 81/82 the cost of a Kippax adult season ticket was £20 !!!!!!

I am a family stand lower tier season card holder
so what you are saying is that you want the next generation to go , but not in the glare of the media. Or is more a case of wanting a cheaper/better view. My lad had flu all week and only at the last minute decided he wanted to go. Now I don't know if you have kids, but they can be fickle and it has nothing to do with how great we are playing. My lads generation have so many visual and computer aids/ distractions. It doesn't help when people who have season cards with thousands of points are selling their ticket on just for the points.

Can I just make one point. We are supposed to all be Manchester City Fans , supporting and fighting the cause against the media and the old sky 4. How can we do this if we are picking fights with our own fans. Surely we should be trying to improve the atmosphere, Maybe putting song sheets on the seats in the family stand or get the ground signing in the concourse by piping the songs outside the concourses. We seem to be able to sing a verse of hey jude before the start of the second half.

My girls are 20 and 19 and both loved coming (and still do on occasion) to the game, even when they were six year old
Took them both to the Burnley cup game the other week

If you saw my post, I said that lower tier behind the goal should be where our loudest and most ferocious support is
A 75-90% family stand that is at 60% with five minutes of an important game left is not ideal

In the thread where Kompany's interview was discussed, I suggested that the family stand should be located in the corner between CB and the North stand
Three tiers on CB and the two of the North, so five blocks to start with
If that's not enough capacity, the corner of SS and CB, three blocks of each stand

My girls are 20 and 19 and both loved coming (and still do on occasion) to the game, even when they were six year old
Took them both to the Burnley cup game the other week

If you saw my post, I said that lower tier behind the goal should be where our loudest and most ferocious support is
A 75-90% family stand that is at 60% with five minutes of an important game left is not ideal

In the thread where Kompany's interview was discussed, I suggested that the family stand should be located in the corner between CB and the North stand
Three tiers on CB and the two of the North, so five blocks to start with
If that's not enough capacity, the corner of SS and CB, three blocks of each stand
You are not stating why this should happen so it comes across as its not fair, why cant I be behind the goal. Do you just see them streaming out of the family stand and not all around the ground. As the club must be happy with the sale of seasoncards in the family stand and the amount of food sold there that that isn't sold in other areas. I don't want to get in a spat on here so maybe suggest ideas to stop people streaming out with 10 minutes to go. Like it has been said on here many times before that if you could get away from the ground easier, that might help. Not having many boozers round the ground doesn't help with the ones who want to drink upto and right after the game. Now I know you have Mary D's, Townley and Summerbees, but that is not the same as having a huge Weatherspoon's near the ground. Having an enclosed fast food franchise inside the family stand (KFc, Burgerking, Mcd) as the concourse can be cold and windy.

You are not stating why this should happen so it comes across as its not fair, why cant I be behind the goal. Do you just see them streaming out of the family stand and not all around the ground. As the club must be happy with the sale of seasoncards in the family stand and the amount of food sold there that that isn't sold in other areas. I don't want to get in a spat on here so maybe suggest ideas to stop people streaming out with 10 minutes to go. Like it has been said on here many times before that if you could get away from the ground easier, that might help. Not having many boozers round the ground doesn't help with the ones who want to drink upto and right after the game. Now I know you have Mary D's, Townley and Summerbees, but that is not the same as having a huge Weatherspoon's near the ground. Having an enclosed fast food franchise inside the family stand (KFc, Burgerking, Mcd) as the concourse can be cold and windy.
Why was it fair that supporters who had held season cards in the north stand were "evicted" when the family stand was extended!
My original post this evening was because of the huge number of empty seats in the family stand yesterday for the entire match.
Yes there are issues with supporters from all stands leaving early and there are solutions, better park and ride facilities would be more than welcome as a start so plenty could get away easier

Arsenal V Crystal Palace. The Emptyrates was almost empty before extra time. Even the match commentator said it. It's not only us. The same with Spurs at Wembley. West Ham in the Olympic Stadium. Etc. Our stadiums have expanded, our crowds are bigger, but our roads and transport networks haven't kept pace.

It wasn't a "huge number" though, so don't talk bollocks.
It was a huge number and I don't know why you're in a scouse esq mode of denial
My relocated seat for the game was in 324, so we looked right down onto the family stand and I honestly couldn't believe how many empties there were
Look at my post history. Before my comment yesterday have I had a go at the family stand or empty seats. The reason for my post was because I witnessed swathes of untaken seats
As I have said, I needed two tickets together and looked before Christmas at this game to see if it was being moved for TV. When it was eventually confirmed for the Saturday that's when I tried to buy tickets, but there was almost no availability. Certainly not two seats together, so I had to wait for ticket exchange to open
@blue ranger where were you sat for the game?

There were at least 6 season card holders around me in 134 who simply didn't turn up. It happens but two in particular of have literally been about 3 times this season.

I went for a meal Saturday night. I did Saturday night for Spurs too. On Saturday I went in a pub first and they had the game on with a nice open fire going. A group of four or five people watching were all City SC holders who went for a pint first, got warm and conforatable and stayed in the pub!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.