Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember Sanchez has fraud fine in Spain. He pleaded guilty to avoid a trial and was set said fine. You will not find an article on it though after Jan 17th 2017 likely due to an injunction of sorts from courts as all reports stop dead after Jan 17th 2017. He will have a big chunk to pay back so the huge wages will have an extra attraction to him.

Sanchez will also get an additional £7.5m "loyalty" bonus payable July 1st for the next four years.

That's on top of a £15m signing-on fee.

That makes it £45m United will have handed him in cash - before wages of £505k a week before tax are also factored.

In all my years, I have never come across numbers such as these.

£15m for the agent - £11m settlement to Mikihtryan.

It works out at roughly £180m all in.

They won't get near another hallmark player for an age.

In addition there are the hidden costs, already there are reports of Pogba asking for his wage to be increased. Imagine they pay an extra £200,000 a week to current disaffected players. That would equate to a further £9.6m per annum over 4 years that’s an addditional £38.4m to add to the costs. In reality Pogba might demand that sum alone!!!! Wonderfully mind boggling, the type of thing that can destroy a team, add in the Mourinho effect they could eat themselves from the inside ;-)

In addition there are the hidden costs, already there are reports of Pogba asking for his wage to be increased. Imagine they pay an extra £200,000 a week to current disaffected players. That would equate to a further £9.6m per annum over 4 years that’s an addditional £38.4m to add to the costs. In reality Pogba might demand that sum alone!!!! Wonderfully mind boggling, the type of thing that can destroy a team, add in the Mourinho effect they could eat themselves from the inside ;-)
They haven't got any insides, they are a hollow club.

United seem to have the policy to pay the salary up front then hope the player justifies that fee.
City have a different system that rewards their performances whilst at City, hence recent extension to contract for key players.

Hopefully the Pep team building works to keep our players but it is not beyond the realms of possibility that massive money will tempt them to leave.

Do you hibernate for 4 weeks of the year?

If those figures are true or close to being true then they're utterly mind-boggling, and that's coming from someone who freely admits we've lobbed a shit load of cash at players since the takeover. But it's a free country and United are free to pay him and his agent whatever they deem fit, just as Sanchez is free to change his mind about joining us. I'm not happy about him going there but I know that if we'd come close to matching those numbers we'd have given ourselves a significant problem with our key players likely to kick up a stink and understandably so. It's not a question of morality and doing the right thing IMO because there are few morals in football anyway and who is to say what the rights and wrongs are, but I do think we've done the right thing in terms of what's good for the club going forward and that's what matters most in all this to us.

In addition to that, I think what this saga proves is that agents can hold too much power over some clubs. United need to be careful on that because there's little doubt that Raiola will be trying to get a better deal for Pogba so it could be fun watching that one pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.