Ederson Moraes - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Load of shite

It is a load of shite. Every goal conceded invariably focuses on the GK whether it's his fault or not. Whenever I conceded as stand in school goalie I use to remind those in front of me that the ball had just passed by them before it got to me! Ederson can't be Bert Trautmann but he can be the one of the best we've had! Some of his distribution, Salad freak aside, has been outstanding, and I use the word outstanding as it was meant to be used! I could not be more delighted with his performances this season. He is still a young lad, and his BEST days as a keeper are well in front of him. I hope to be cursing and swearing at the whistling wankers for many a year and watch him grow into a superb player.

Why not address the facts instead of posting shite.

It’s more the fact you used the word ‘he needs to get his act together’ that irked me. That sounds like he’s been poor for games on ends when really it’s been two games and he hasn’t even been poor in them!

I bet there's quite a few blues who'd have Hart back. Ederson is already more competent and reliable than Hart. Eddie has made a couple of minor errors, that's all.

He was in no way whatsoever to blame for Newcastle's goal. It was a superb finish from Murphy.

There was a handling error at 2-1 but his recovery from that was brilliant and the way he threw himself at guy's feet to block for the second time showed a lot of bravery. He's probably been our most important signing this season. His distribution remains streets ahead of any other keeper in the league and even though he doesn't get called upon much his shot stopping is up there with the best too. He's so comfortable passing it around at the back and opening the game up that people are already starting to take it for granted,

Something i've noticed this season is a few fans regurgitating throw away comments they've heard pundits say over and over to the point where it's just accepted as fact now. There was one goal earlier in the season where one pundit made reference to him "getting his angles wrong". Thought the guy was splitting hairs to be honest but that exact phrase has been repeated by a few fans ever since in reference to Ederson and also used to describe other goals he's let in. It's funny how these things become fashionable to pick at when in fact it's normal for goal keepers to let in goals (as it is, ours lets in fewer than most, creates more than most but that still isn't enough for some people). Quite similar to how excited people get whenever Joe Hart lets in a goal to his left. People can't wait to point it out.

It’s more the fact you used the word ‘he needs to get his act together’ that irked me. That sounds like he’s been poor for games on ends when really it’s been two games and he hasn’t even been poor in them!
Actually he did have a poor game against Liverpool. The first goal came from a long way out, the second he was caught in no man's land and fourth - no comment needed.
As for N/cle he had nothing to do but nearly managed to throw away two points.

Actually he did have a poor game against Liverpool. The first goal came from a long way out, the second he was caught in no man's land and fourth - no comment needed.
As for N/cle he had nothing to do but nearly managed to throw away two points.

It wouldn't have been him 'throwing away' two points though. It would have been him failling to improve on the shocking defending which allowed Newcastle to get a shot in, a therefore being as bad as the others involved.

He was in no way whatsoever to blame for Newcastle's goal. It was a superb finish from Murphy.

There was a handling error at 2-1 but his recovery from that was brilliant and the way he threw himself at guy's feet to block for the second time showed a lot of bravery. He's probably been our most important signing this season. His distribution remains streets ahead of any other keeper in the league and even though he doesn't get called upon much his shot stopping is up there with the best too. He's so comfortable passing it around at the back and opening the game up that people are already starting to take it for granted,

Something i've noticed this season is a few fans regurgitating throw away comments they've heard pundits say over and over to the point where it's just accepted as fact now. There was one goal earlier in the season where one pundit made reference to him "getting his angles wrong". Thought the guy was splitting hairs to be honest but that exact phrase has been repeated by a few fans ever since in reference to Ederson and also used to describe other goals he's let in. It's funny how these things become fashionable to pick at when in fact it's normal for goal keepers to let in goals (as it is, ours lets in fewer than most, creates more than most but that still isn't enough for some people). Quite similar to how excited people get whenever Joe Hart lets in a goal to his left. People can't wait to point it out.

I think you are right about some media comments taking on a life of their own. However, there have been instances of Ederson getting his angles wrong. I've commented on that and not because someone in the media mentioned it but because I played in goal, regulalrly, for many years - purely recreational but I was good on my angles / positioning.

The difficulty for Ederson in terms of assessing him from match play is that he has had so few shots to save and any failure to stop one does get magnified. I'm a huge fan of Eddie's work so far at City but I am also still unsure about just how good a shot stopper he is and I am quite happy to remain in the dark on that if it means the team is not giving up many chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.