Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez wages 270 k a week AFTER TAX Dumbarse. I'm sure we offered 250K BEFORE TAX is a huge difference! Clueless as usual!

That isn't going to matter. Currently 1 Sanchez gets you x3 KDB's... Food for thought. Our transfer policy is not going to matter in terms of FFP because all transfers will be done on their merit and the value they can add to the squad.

United have got a good player no doubt but they need an entire team of good players, signing Sanchez takes away the real potential of that happening.

To be honest I know many slag off Mourinho but the man has done very well at polishing a turd. Remember this is still the team Van Gaal and Moyes failed miserably with and some of their key players were in their peak when Ferguson was there many moons ago.

If they had signed several £50m players then I would be more worried but lets face it, one injury to Sanchez and they are back where they were... This one is all about appeasing Mourinho because he doesn't care either way given he won't be there in 2 years time.

For us Jesus is injured, Mendy is injured, Delph is now injured, Stones was injured, Silva has been out... For several months we had a midfielder playing full back... Despite this we are still 12 points clear and that is because we have bought smart and built a squad over the best players (a lot of) money can buy.

Sanchez will improve them vastly but would he really make that much difference here, probably not. The club has made a very good decision to keep our cash for another day where it can be spent more wisely.
I agree he doesn't add anything to City, but how does he improve them vastly?

He plays as a left sided attacking midfielder at Arsenal. Where will he play at Utd?

I think he'll have a free-role as an attacking midfielder which means Mata will be replaced, or Pogba will drop deep. Is his attacking game any better than Pogba's or Mata? If it is, there is not much in it. I prefer both Mata and Pogba to be honest.

The entire theme of this topic, particularly beyond the current month has been to underestimate the deterioration in Sanchez's game. Those who think that once he signs for Utd, the goals are going to flow are I think mistaken. The Sanchez we have seen this season, is the player they're buying, not the version from 12 months ago.

To be honest I know many slag off Mourinho but the man has done very well at polishing a turd. Remember this is still the team Van Gaal and Moyes failed miserably with and some of their key players were in their peak when Ferguson was there many moons ago.
Agree partly with this. Way I see it, Mourinho is working under circumstances and restrictions, although he's refusing to admit it publicly, he can see his squad is shite, the whole league can see it. The Manchester Derby was a telling example, Mourinho understands his squad isn't going to compare to ours man-for-man, took the practical approach and parked his bus.

I disagree that the squad Baconface left down was a good one. It was an aging squad with a flimsy midfield and defence that got away with Baconface's managerial ability. Baconface wasn't the greatest of tacticians, and Real Madrid last season showed how much a manager can achieve from his squad from quality man management and motivation, however tactically sub-par. At the end of it, IMO Baconface left a squad that was ready to fall into shambles, and Moyes had to shoulder the blame.

Agree partly with this. Way I see it, Mourinho is working under circumstances and restrictions, although he's refusing to admit it publicly, he can see his squad is shite, the whole league can see it. The Manchester Derby was a telling example, Mourinho understands his squad isn't going to compare to ours man-for-man, took the practical approach and parked his bus.

I disagree that the squad Baconface left down was a good one. It was an aging squad with a flimsy midfield and defence that got away with Baconface's managerial ability. Baconface wasn't the greatest of tacticians, and Real Madrid last season showed how much a manager can achieve from his squad from quality man management and motivation, however tactically sub-par. At the end of it, IMO Baconface left a squad that was ready to fall into shambles, and Moyes had to shoulder the blame.
They've still spent hundreds of millions on their team since Ferguson left, and Mourinho's net spend is almost identical to Guardiola's.

You forget that the team which Guardiola inherited was finished. We finished 4th in 2015-16 under Pellegrini which doesn't sound too bad, but we finished on 66 points. We drew 9 games, and lost 10 that season. That's a massive difference between then and now. Mourinho tells the press his team can't be compared to Guardiola's team because of the money spent and the different starting points of the clubs. He's talking rubbish as usual.

Extremely disappointing the way this has played out in the end but agree with the club and their stance.
They do need to take on board though the changing transfer market (yes it's gone stupid) but otherwise we could repeat the same mistakes post 2012 and post 2014 title wins when we bombed the seasons after.

Don’t understand why arsenal would sell to a direct rival when fighting for top 4.
They are not fighting or competing with Utd. look at the league table. He's also not a playing asset to them this season. Been useless. Worse than useless. I think he has demoralised their team, and unsettled them, and they will improve without him. A unified team is more important than a collection of players who don't like each other. You realise how bad it is when players will not celebrate with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.