Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to bin this thread now we've all had our say and more, he's a cnunt and a rag cnunt at that close the thread and bin the bastard for ever come on mods

City fans claiming Sanchez is a mercenary is a bit rich, I’ll admit it. I’ve even said it and cringed at it, considering we’ve had dozens of players signing for us mainly because of money over the past 10 years. But United fans can’t accept he’s joined United because he got offered more money there. They’ve signed a world class player, so I wouldn’t give a toss arguing about weather he’s signed because of more money or not. Just makes me laugh when they try to deny he’s signed for more money.

Why is it a bit rich?

It's true, just as it was true during the first few years after our takeover, maybe up until around 3 years ago.

Now our players will only get huge money when they earn it, win nothing and it's a basic (albeit still mega-money) salary, along the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Even Shearer in the paper today is saying City did not pull out for money reasons because they have paid big before. They probably did because he chose United.

Is it a given that these commentators have no idea about common sense or ethics?

In the same paper they refer to the new deal for KDB and how he is happily ending all speculation of him going elsewhere by this (and wisely getting it paid in Euros in the deal too!) That deal is half what Sanchez was now asking.

Sorry, Shearer but you have to be really dim to not see that retaining KDB on that deal and the other players we have/are securing (such as Fernandinho and Otamendi) is a million times more important to this squad than paying someone more who has done nothing for us to get where we are.

Fernandinho, Otamendi and KDB are at the present and the immediate future heart of the success that the club has had and will have.

Sanchez was an expensive gamble on possibilities for a couple of years.

Some clubs think like that and not about outbidding one another to look good in the ego driven media.

I really do not understand why anyone in the media reads this any other way in an effort to say that because we chose not to match what United were paying we somehow have lost out in this deal.

I think not. Retaining KDB for another five years is way more significant than buying Sanchez who will not be playing in the PL in five years.

Last edited:
Why is it a bit rich?

It's true, just as it was true during the first few years after our takeover, maybe up until around 3 years ago.

Now our players will only get huge money when they earn it, win nothing and it's a basic (albeit still mega-money) salary, along the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea.

Because we’ve had plenty of players join us because of money, but we’ve moved on from that stage now. It was only recently that players did join us because of money, so that’s why I said it’s a bit rich. I’ve got no shame in admitting it, but United won’t. That’s all I’m saying.

In the end the numbers that have been mentioned just do not add up for a 29 year old with zero sell-on value at the end of his contract , if we are going to invest £150m in a player we are in more need for a centre back happy to play a bit part contribution to replace Vinny and a top class defensive midfield option for to give Dinho some respite. But if we get neither we are still nailed on for another title win and Pep can look at bringing in a couple of players in the summer. Would have been nice to have Sanchez as an option from the bench , because i couldnt see him starting ahead of Sterling.Sane.Aguero or Jesus going of this seasons form , Sanchez has hardly lit up the premier league this season.
Let the Rags have their day and knobheads like Ince spout their shite , it will all soon be forgotten in May when the cups are handed out.

Even Shearer in the paper today is saying City did not pull out for money reasons because they have paid big before. They probably did because he chose United.

Is it a given that these commentators have no idea about common sense or ethics?

In the same paper they refer to the new deal for KDB and how he is happily ending all speculation of him going elsewhere by this (and wisely getting it paid in Euros in the deal too!) That deal is half what Sanchez was now asking.

Sorry, Shearer but you have to be really dim to not see that retaining KDB on that deal and the other players we have/are securing (such as Fernandinho and Otamendi) is a million times more important to this squad than paying someone more who has done nothing for us to get where we are.

Fernandinho, Otamendi and KDB are at the present and the immediate future heart of the success that the club has had and will have.

Sanchez was an expensive gamble on possibilities for a couple of years.

Some clubs think like that and not about outbidding one another to look good in the ego driven media.

I really do not understand why anyone in the media reads this any other way in an effort to say that because we chose not to match what United were paying we somehow have lost out in this deal.

I think not. Retaining KDB for another five years is way more significant than buying Sanchez who will not be playing in the PL in five years.

I wouldn’t pay much notice to what he says. He’s always had some love for United.

I think it might also be possible that the new transfer limit rule being planned for the Summer onwards might have pushed United into acting now.

Apparently only City and United (and possibly just Everton) would have breached it this season if the limit is set at £90 million net per season you are allowed to spend on transfers.

It is targeted specifically at City and PSG but will effect United's spending too.

So a deal like this for Sanchez (had they had to pay a transfer fee) would have made them biggest overspenders of all and they might have thought if it comes into force in the Summer they would be limited in what else they could do then.

Though given the absurd wages they likely will be anyway.

"Alexis Sanchez dreamed of Manchester United transfer"

Headline in the MuEN.

I trust it follows that with 'when he saw the money they offered'.

But of course they will push this line. No way can they have a player who wanted to be elsewhere so it will be history rewritten as we speak.

Or what he believed as a little boy as the only true fact and brush under the carpet what he believed last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.