Bristol City (A) LeagueCup SF 2nd Leg - PreMatch Thread

Bristol City v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we learned the lesson in the last leg not playing a out right forward nearly cost us. So Aguero to start take him off when the tie is won for the FA Cup game if need be.

Bravo
Danilo , Stones , Mangala , Zinchenko
B Silva , Gundogan , Yaya , D Silva , Sane
Aguero.

Feel once the tie is sorted we will rest some as in David Silva , Sane and Aguero for the games ahead in the coming weeks.

League Cup is well down the list of priorities and if the unbelievable did happen and Bristol went through in normal circumstances i would just suck it up and move on , BUT they beat the Rags and if we get to Wembley its another stick to beat their shithead fans with , and with the merc. business they will be getting all giddy if we failed tomorrow night , so would prefer Pep to play a full strength team and have a nice day out in that there London .Unfortunately Pep has already made comments today about Mangala and Bernardo starting at Ashton Gate , so i think it is going to be a close run thing , and maybe even extra time , which we do not need

League Cup is well down the list of priorities and if the unbelievable did happen and Bristol went through in normal circumstances i would just suck it up and move on , BUT they beat the Rags and if we get to Wembley its another stick to beat their shithead fans with , and with the merc. business they will be getting all giddy if we failed tomorrow night , so would prefer Pep to play a full strength team and have a nice day out in that there London .Unfortunately Pep has already made comments today about Mangala and Bernardo starting at Ashton Gate , so i think it is going to be a close run thing , and maybe even extra time , which we do not need

I’ll be gutted if we lose this and go out at this stage. I want all the trophies we can possibly win this season. I don’t see a better chance of winning all four trophies considering the lead we’ve got in the league.

I've never known that happen Mr T but can believe it with where it's situated. There is a park and ride option near J18 if you would prefer. Take the A4 towards Bristol from the motorway and it's on the right hand side, literally a couple of hundred yards past the first roundabout, £4 return.
At half 5 you should be okay to park near the ground anyway but be aware of resident parking zone signs.
Off Winterstoke road, there's an industrial estate with plenty of parking and at half 5 you should get in there easily but it's a bit of a ball ache getting back out. The post code is BS3 2HR, Ashton Vale road.
Hi we are staying over in the city and intend to leave our car at the hotel how easy is it to get to the ground from the city Centre ? Do they run buses to and from the stadium ?

I am sure he will play Mangala which will be a disaster waiting to happen.......again. Need to make sure we finish our chances in this one as I am sure we will concede.

Evening all

Another Bristol City Fan popping up on your forum
Thought I would because several of yours did similar before the first leg on our forum and were incredibly helpful with answering questions and helpful advice

Delighted for your current success as I’m more old school who tarted around 1970 and know what the diehard core of your support has been through over the years

I also saw my first ever ‘first division’ game at Maine Road in 72 Or 73 I think - Man City v Arsenal (3-0 or 3-1 IIRC ;) )

Anyway back to practicalities @Sid C - The pubs immediately outside the ground tend to be home fans only - If you take a short walk from Away End up North Street there are some bars , pubs , cafes , shops et and as you walk up North Street away from the ground , one of the first places you will come across is ‘The Tobacco Factory’ - Decent place (Owned by a ******* mind ) with good selection of beers / lagers , good food and one of the bigger bars near the ground

further up North Street is The Hen & Chicken Pub which again is a reasonable size - Will be full of our fans but away fans have been visitors without any problem

I’m not sure Ashton Gate has been the safest place to visit over the years but as everywhere things have toned down and unless fans give it the big un opposition fans have few problems these days and I think like yourselves you will find many happy to share a pint and chat football

I hope you all have a.safe journey to the Gate and a better one than we did with multiple Motorway Closures - Hope you’re down in time for a Cider or two !

Loved the visit to the Etihad - Spectacular stadium and a privlige to watch som Rolls Royce Footballers Live

(Luckily some of ours are not too bad and a real honest hard working group and a joy to support - their endeavours made it a memorable evening and the Home fans I encountered were really decent and down to earth)

I’m not an expert on all things local (as some of yours were) but will try and help if anyone has any questions

Looking forward to another great footballing game on Tuesday whatever the outcome , we are dreamingly hopeful But very realistic ;)
Hi GB. Many thanks for your reply, we’re making a night of it so you’ve certainly given us plenty of options :)

The tobacco factory seems ok beforehand. Interesting to see both you and Cider mention the landlord, looking forward to meeting him! Do you mean he’s just a c**t or a ‘gashead’ Or both?

Many grounds used to be a bit grim in years gone by but as you say those days are mostly gone and highly unlikely to come back. I actually enjoy talking to opposing fans, rags excepted of course.

You played very well at our ground and I don’t think anybody is expecting an easy ride for us tomorrow, hope you do get promoted as I think you’ll be a breath of fresh air in the prem. All the best.

There's plenty near the ground but the closest ones will be rammed and 'home' only. If you turn right with your back to the away end and walk past the Rising sun and coopers arms, there's a pub we don't use on the left hand side called the Tobacco factory. Away fans are welcome in there as it's owned by a bloke who used to be our mayor and he's a **** if you get my drift. There are loads of pubs further up that rad where you'll be fine.Alternatively there's the Robins on Winterstoke road at the other side of the ground where away support is tolerated.
There's no issue in BS3 with yourselves so you'll be welcome anywhere with the same decorum anybody sensible shows. We do have our fair share of fools but a little respect does go a long way. Act like Utd did and they will find you but I think you're better than that.
If you fancy trying our 'apples', near the SS Great Britain is a pub called the Orchard, 1 beer, 2 lagers and nigh on 30 ciders! If in Bristol, you've got to try it eh?
Over the park from the away end there are plenty of boozers where you'll be welcomed, the Nova Scotia, the cottage and the Denmark as mentioned plus the Bedminster cricket club on Clanage road offers parking, is pretty close and has a very nice bar. Be careful as my learned friend above says as Bedminster cricket club charge a fiver but your friend across the city were ripped off for £20 just to park by their neighbours. Parking near the ground is a nightmare unless you're very early but please bear in mind, resident restrictions apply in some areas. There is a park and ride at Junction 19 wich costs £4 return but it does get busy. Extra buses are being put on for this game but you might have to wait a while after the match.
Alternatively, we have a fans village with live music and beers on draught which is a nice place to be, does get packed though and beer is served in the away end. We also have a restaurant / bar in the South west corner with the biggest screen in the UK but it gets stupidly packed so I wouldn't even try TBH.
Essentially, ignore the other mob across your city, we're a good bunch and you looked after us well at yours so anywhere apart from the 2 mentioned and your welcome will be reciprocated.
Hi Cider. Many thanks for the info, I’ve already replied to GB so won’t repeat myself other than to say NO I won’t be going anywhere near that bloody stuff (Cider). I spent 10 weeks in Bristol in the early 80s and can’t remember a fu****g thing about it. My nickname was wobble when I was down there.

Hi we are staying over in the city and intend to leave our car at the hotel how easy is it to get to the ground from the city Centre ? Do they run buses to and from the stadium ?

If you're in the city centre, you can take the 24 or 'A' bus straight to the ground BC or jump on a water taxi. If you've got the time, it's a nice walk actually, about 40 minutes.

Hi Cider. Many thanks for the info, I’ve already replied to GB so won’t repeat myself other than to say NO I won’t be going anywhere near that bloody stuff (Cider). I spent 10 weeks in Bristol in the early 80s and can’t remember a fu****g thing about it. My nickname was wobble when I was down there.

LOL Sid, it's great stuff but can take over control of your legs TBH. ;) Once bitten twice shy I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.